Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2012, 01:50 AM   #1 
thekoimaiden

Friends, betta keepers, aquarists! Lend me your photos!

So as many of you may know, I've recently started a fish blog (link in sig) that will contain articles for the beginner aquarist as well as highlight proper care for betta and goldfish, two of my favorite fish. I believe one of the best ways to do this is to not only give proper information but show pictures of how these fish are supposed to look in proper homes. However, I suck at aquatic photography. I've managed to snag a few good pictures, but that's not enough. So I'm asking the community here to offer up photographs of your beautiful, healthy bettas. I am more than willing to give credit in any way you want whether it is your real name (which you can PM me) or your username here. Some will be published in my upcoming betta care article while I will save others for use at a later time with such articles as detailing the workings of the labyrinth organ or showcasing betta tail types and colors. If you don't want to post all the picture you have, just point me to your albums.

Here is my "wish list" so to speak:
Bettas showing heaters in the background
Betta with a thermometer showing the proper temps
Betta in a community tank with other fish showing
Veiltail, crowntail, halfmoon, plakat, double tail flaring to show different tail types

Thanks for helping me, guys, gals, and fins!!
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:05 AM   #2 
Emmahlee

I could love to help you with pictures of my crowntail, however, most of those photos he is suffering from what i believe is fin rot.(not very bad, just a few uneven spikes and spikes that are looking not 100%)
and my heater has decided to have a hissy fit and not work, so i cant help you with that either. sorry!

Good luck!
Emmahlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #3 
Luimeril

you could use my favorite picture of my rose tail, Todd. :B
http://i43.tinypic.com/2rm8sg3.jpg

i'll put the pic here, but it's too big. o.0 if ya want, i could also try to get you some pictures of him flaring. :B
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #4 
PandaBetta

I have these pics if anu are useful and want full size image PM and will email u the pictures you pick

PandaBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #5 
chrissylee13

here are a few photos i found that were pretty good. don't have many good pictures or flaring ones because most of my fish are too fast or camera shy. haha.

the very last photo is a female btw!
Attached Images

chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #6 
thekoimaiden

Ohh your rosetail is a pretty boy, Luimeril! I saved your photo to my computer because I don't feel right using up your bandwidth. It's funny, he kinda looks like a friend of mine named Todd.

Panda - your dragonscale is beautiful!! The one of him next to the thermometer that shows a temperature is perfect! That is also a great shot of a double tail. Shows the shorter body, longer dorsal, and funky tail perfectly!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #7 
PandaBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
Ohh your rosetail is a pretty boy, Luimeril! I saved your photo to my computer because I don't feel right using up your bandwidth. It's funny, he kinda looks like a friend of mine named Todd.

Panda - your dragonscale is beautiful!! The one of him next to the thermometer that shows a temperature is perfect! That is also a great shot of a double tail. Shows the shorter body, longer dorsal, and funky tail perfectly!
I'm glad they worked out for you Koi :) the one with the thermometer even has a bubble nest around it :D

Just use my panda name and show us when you complete this project
PandaBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #8 
GienahClarette

Here's one of my late Sir Crispin when he was a baby.

GienahClarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #9 
Shadyr

Here is Chicory's tank. He has a leafy silk plant and a recent addition, a live something or another that's mostly hiding behind his cave. He also has a Marimo moss ball. And the big black bar in the background is a 25W submersible heater. (An unseen experiment involves two so called "Beta bulbs" - bulbs of water plants, that I buried in the gravel)

Chicory is a Delta or Super Delta. Coloration wise, perhaps he's a blue/mustard? He had a little chunk missing from his tail when I got him, it's growing back nicely now though.

Name:  chicorytank1280.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  69.6 KB
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #10 
thekoimaiden

Haha! Chrissy, you posted at the same time I did. Your red dragonscale is gorgeous!! That's basically a picture of my dream fish!

Panda - that is just a great picture of how a betta tank is supposed to look; you've got a bubble nest, plants, heater, warm temp: the whole package. I'm hoping these pictures along with the info will change the minds of some people. I'll be sure to credit you. I save all of the photos with your username attached to them.

Gienah - That is another good, clear picture. Do you remember about how old Crispin was when you took that photo? I like to be able to give ages when showing smaller fish.