Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #11 
Oldfishlady

Micro swords are a rosette plant not a stem plant....Stem plants are usually sold in bunches of 5-12 bare root tied together-that are propagated from cuttings-Stem plants are fast growing big water column feeder that help keep the water safe while the soil is maturing or becoming water logged-starting its life underwater.

Micro swords a rosette plant- are slower grower and not big water column feeders-more root feeder that reproduce by runners-its a great plant.....

Its not that the 10k bulb is not good enough-it more that it is the wrong color spectrum for aquatic plants-Aquatic plants grow better with the color temp closer to the natural sun color temp-that being 5000-7000k with 6500k being ideal and more like the mid day sun color temp. Your plants will grow with the 10k but not well and with soil based tanks it is important for the plants to grow well, fast, thrive to keep the water safe and function as the filtration.

Most planted tanks fail due to the wrong color temp bulb when its not related to improper planting, wrong photoperiod, old bulbs and non-aquatic plants-without the proper lights the plants can't photosynthesis or use the nutrients in the water and/or substrate.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #12 
Anitax3x

damn I just bought the hood and it came with these lights, UGH well Thanks for letting me know
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #13 
Oldfishlady

Just change the bulbs....I get mine for less than $8.00 each in the lighting section of either wal mart, home depot or lowes....usually its the GE brand that they carry...I get "daylight" 6500k and the watts vary based on length of the bulb.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #14 
Hadouken441

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
roduce by runners-its a great plant.....

Its not that the 10k bulb is not good enough-it more that it is the wrong color spectrum for aquatic plants-Aquatic plants grow better with the color temp closer to the natural sun color temp-that being 5000-7000k with e.
Hmmm... That seems very wrong to me. Considering I use 1 x 6700 and 3x10000k lights.
Hadouken441 is offline   Reply With Quote