Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #1 
JBosley

Baby Betta Help?

Hey!
So while I was at a pet store I never go to, I saw that they had baby Bettas. One really stole my heart, and I'm thinking of going to get him/her next week if he/she is still there!

I have a few questions about getting a baby Betta...
1: Would a 1-2 gallon critter keeper with a heater, heated to 78F be an okay home? Will add a few silk plants and a hidey cave
2: Omega One Buffet pellets alright? They are super tiny! I can pre-soak them as well
3: How often should I do water changes for a baby? 50% once a week and 100% once a week as for an adult alright?

Thanks guys!
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #2 
EvilVOG

all sounds good to me. What i've done in the past is smash pellets to make them smaller.

Also if you feed your others frozen bloodworms or glassworms you could chop some up a bit they love that.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #3 
newarkhiphop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBosley View Post
Hey!
So while I was at a pet store I never go to, I saw that they had baby Bettas. One really stole my heart, and I'm thinking of going to get him/her next week if he/she is still there!

I have a few questions about getting a baby Betta...
1: Would a 1-2 gallon critter keeper with a heater, heated to 78F be an okay home? Will add a few silk plants and a hidey cave
2: Omega One Buffet pellets alright? They are super tiny! I can pre-soak them as well
3: How often should I do water changes for a baby? 50% once a week and 100% once a week as for an adult alright?

Thanks guys!

just answered your pm but might as well do it here too lol

1. critter keeper is fine, water temp could be a couple of degree higher 79-81, but that temp is not bad

2. smaller the better , and soaking helps them a lot

3. in a one gallon tank i am doing 100% change every two days, and it is needed because they poop like crazy
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #4 
Luimeril

when i had Chappy Belle, i kept her in a 3 gallon tank, heated to 80F, water changes daily. i fed her a mix of hatched Baby Brine Shrimp, and crushed New Life Spectrum Grow pellets(she was a month old when i got her, so even the sand-like pellets were too small!). .3. but, that's what i did. your setup sounds great, though. if you can, frozen or hatched brine shrimp are amazing for them. :3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #5 
JBosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
when i had Chappy Belle, i kept her in a 3 gallon tank, heated to 80F, water changes daily. i fed her a mix of hatched Baby Brine Shrimp, and crushed New Life Spectrum Grow pellets(she was a month old when i got her, so even the sand-like pellets were too small!). .3. but, that's what i did. your setup sounds great, though. if you can, frozen or hatched brine shrimp are amazing for them. :3
Thanks! I will look into the brine shrimp
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote