Betta Fish Forum banner

How do these look?

770 views 14 replies 2 participants last post by  Mo 
#1 ·
I don't think this PetsMart regularly keeps cloudy water with their plants. Then again, maybe thats what too many root tablets do???

I saw some brown spots on different plants, not sure if you can see them or not. A bit of poor lighting here. And the manager was looking at me weird like. I told him I have terrible memory and taking photos for research on the plants I want.

Also, if I bury the roots, is it true I will need to use root tablets and not liquid fert? I dont remember where I heard that from. Terrible memory here xD

Hornwort....sry for the blur

Wisteria???

Anacharis

moneywort

See less See more
#2 ·
They look great to me! In very good shape! The pines on the hornwort look strong and healthy! They should all do well with liquid fertilizer in both substrate and floating as they are all root runner feeders and attain there nutrients from the water collum and not the substrate. Root tabs will not out nutrients into the water collum and ago would recommend liquid fertilizers

#6 ·
Hmm. With hornwort being in the question, choosing 2 different types can be hard. Well anacharis is mainly a sub tropical plant and won't grow as beautifully, vigorously and large so I would be hesitant about getting that one, wisteria is a great bushy plant with minimal requirements. Moneywort is also a gat plant but it doesn't grow as fast and it has a hard acclimation period when it will loose some of its leaves, I would recommend a bunch of hornwort, and wisteria

#7 ·
Ah
I almost forgot about the water temp part
it hovers between 80-83F
More than likely 82F

I dont mind a fast growing plant like Anacharis. I've got a 75 gallon that still needs stocking ;)

#9 ·
Hm...so Hornwort and Wisteria would do best in the water temps I have? I do like how Anacharis looks. But I think Spike would enjoy weaving through some hornworts more.
How does hornworts reproduce??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.