Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #11 
Mo

For best results you would want it to be heavily planted. IMO you didn't take enough precautions and you should have done more research because primarily most sororities will not work without being heavily planted, with such a lack of plants and no floating plants, aggression is likely to occur, I wouldn't recommend planting it as much as the above posters tank is, IMO you would need a lot more plants
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #12 
Pogthefish

o n the tiki heads
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #13 
Pogthefish

and they r fine, ive never seen agression in it since they established a hierarchy, even during feeding. they even work as a team if a foreign thing finds its way in, the attack it untill they realize its inanimate or until they get bored.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #14 
Mo

Just becuase this has been attempted and has worked for one person doesn't mean it's fine for another person to take the slim chance as this could result in bettas Dieing. I would highly recommend against how lightly planted pog's tank is. That is IMO, severely under planted. Remember don't take the slim chance as it will most likely result in a bad ending

And pog the fish, please don't recommend something if it's only worked for you and possibly a couple of other peoples recommending something like that could result in misinformation and could lead to the death of multpiple fish if nobody is there to correct the person/you who did this

IMO if you are seeing aggression and the fish are attacking eachother regularly, I would remove them as it is causing stress to the fish
Old 04-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #15 
lilyth88

What Mo said.
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #16 
michael0918

Nah i dont think it's necessary to be heavily planted. This lps in our area has a 2gal tank betta sorority. There were like 10 females in there.
michael0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #17 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael0918 View Post
Nah i dont think it's necessary to be heavily planted. This lps in our area has a 2gal tank betta sorority. There were like 10 females in there.
Were they 10 happy females?
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #18 
Mo

Yes. I dont think the sorororty had no aggression occurring. 2 gallons, lightly planted. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. at the time you probably werent noticing any aggression as stressed females IME usually dont fight as much, maybe if you observed the tank for atleast 10 minutes, would see some aggression
Old 04-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #19 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael0918 View Post
Again, there are people on these forums who have been doing this for decades. They have loads more experience than probably any of us. It is not okay to post information like that because you saw it happen one time and it might have worked out okay.

Misinformation like this could lead to the DEATH of someone's betta.
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #20 
Tikibirds

Just because a petstore does something does not mean its healthy for the fish...it's only a matter of time before there are some deaths in that 2 gallon soriety, plus 2 gallons can't handle the ammonia load from TEN fish.

They should be heavily planted as you need to break up the line of sight in case of agression with a MINIMUM of 10 gallons with no more then 6 females.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote