Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #11 
Pogthefish

I have been thinking about it for pog, i have a plastic plant with resting spaces for betts, like each level had a resting spot, but you only used it in aerated tanks. My female loved it they would all climb on, but Pog ignores it.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #12 
DoberMom

My betta ignored it so I ended up using it as a filter baffle. I just suctioned it right in front of the filter with the leaf part turned toward the outflow of the filter.
DoberMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #13 
Pogthefish

Smart!
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #14 
Atena

My male Betta named Guppy ignored his hammock for the first day, he preferred to sit on top of the aquarium light instead. When I lowered the hammock I find him resting in it many times a day and he likes to sleep there. The trick is to get the height just right.

Guppy has long flowing fins and the 3/4" recommended was just no enough space for him, but lowering to about 2" made it a favorite spot in his tank.

He leaps off it like a diving board sometimes. It is very cute.

I just got the hammock and I do not see any wire in it, they must have improved the construction of it.

Atena :)
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #15 
freeflow246

I had problems with the suction cup coming off of the tank wall and/or the leaf coming out, which was odd, but since neither of my fish ever used it I just tossed it out.
freeflow246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #16 
LorRenee

Thanks for all the input everyone! I love the log idea, I think he'll get a kick out of it as its something new to play with, but I guess we won't know if he likes the hammock unless we try it.
LorRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #17 
Atena

Here is Guppy resting in his leaf hammock... :)

Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #18 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoberMom View Post
My betta ignored it so I ended up using it as a filter baffle. I just suctioned it right in front of the filter with the leaf part turned toward the outflow of the filter.
I do something similar with my hammock for Poseidon. I use it to when I'm filling up his tank for water changes. Helps keep it from blowing sand everywhere. Would use his decor, but cannot add it until I have at least 3/4's of the water added back to the aquarium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atena View Post
My male Betta named Guppy ignored his hammock for the first day, he preferred to sit on top of the aquarium light instead. When I lowered the hammock I find him resting in it many times a day and he likes to sleep there. The trick is to get the height just right.
That's exactly what I did and afterwards they started using them.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #19 
moerajab

My Betta loves his Leaf Hammock!! At first he was flaring at it when getting use to the tank but now always loves to swim over on top of it
moerajab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #20 
Ginzuishou

I bought the leaf for my betta and he never touched it. After a few weeks I threw the leaf out.
Ginzuishou is offline   Reply With Quote