Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #21 
KadenJames

These heaters came from the USA. They aren't so loose that they won't even stay in, but with the lightest tug they will pop right out. My boyfriend, who has done wiring and sockets for building houses, says its not a risk to bend the prongs outwards just a hair. If anything it makes it safer because it keeps the outlet secure, not half in half out where a spark could get free.

I agree with MrV, its a lot more cost efficient and they do the same job. If you want to blow $40 on a heater, by all means be my guest. xD its like buying a lamborghini versus buying a Toyota camry- they will both get you from A to B just fine, but one costs a heck of a lot less than the other.
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:48 AM   #22 
Marlboroack

No. I have done it on my kitchen table in the middle of winter with no heating in my house..

Fry are still good.
Marlboroack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:52 AM   #23 
jeffegg2

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadenJames View Post
These heaters came from the USA. They aren't so loose that they won't even stay in, but with the lightest tug they will pop right out. My boyfriend, who has done wiring and sockets for building houses, says its not a risk to bend the prongs outwards just a hair. If anything it makes it safer because it keeps the outlet secure, not half in half out where a spark could get free.

I agree with MrV, its a lot more cost efficient and they do the same job. If you want to blow $40 on a heater, by all means be my guest. xD its like buying a lamborghini versus buying a Toyota camry- they will both get you from A to B just fine, but one costs a heck of a lot less than the other.
I went the cheapo heater route, it broke and fried a tank of fish. Also could have burned my house down.

No thanks!

And I spent 25 bucks on the 44 dollar heater on amazon. A good quality heater that will last forever and not burn my house down.
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #24 
surprize30

arnt those new heaters like preset to a certain degree??? like how do u get ur tank to 80?? ii put 2 heaters in my tank and it stayed at the same degree cuzz they turn of when it reaches to 76 and turn on when it goes down to 75
surprize30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #25 
MaisyDawgThirteen

You have to get the adjustable heaters.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #26 
surprize30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisyDawgThirteen View Post
You have to get the adjustable heaters.
were do you get those at?
Old 05-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #27 
Crowntailed

almost any pet store sells them, or you can order one of online. (Online is sometimes cheaper)
Crowntailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #28 
surprize30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowntailed View Post
almost any pet store sells them, or you can order one of online. (Online is sometimes cheaper)
alrigh till look online i supose
Old 05-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #29 
Sena Hansler

I got mine online. It heats my 20 up nicely I need to get more!!! lol. Free shipping, world wide, between 6 and 30 dollars usually depending on size.

Bettas come from Thailand, aka a tropical place... But because stores sell small containers since they can breathe due to the labrynth organ, they are kept in tanks that heaters are dangerous to use in... Now they make bowl heaters, but those are iffy and are preset.

For breeding, 82-84 degrees seems to be the norm, and immitating the natural habitat with "rain" (I use a spray bottle), lowering the water, adding cooler water, tannins, etc, usually helps. Plus conditioning - fill them up with frozen, freeze dried, pellet and live foods. Mine are getting mealworm meat, which the mealworms were being gut stuffed. Never toss two together, because they have to be ready :) Make sure the gal is eggy too - usually helps.

Do a bit more research, of course! You'll never be able to learn everything by reading, but you can learn a lot and get the appropriate fry foods, jars, tannins, meds, etc
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #30 
Marlboroack

Quote:
Originally Posted by surprize30 View Post
arnt those new heaters like preset to a certain degree??? like how do u get ur tank to 80?? ii put 2 heaters in my tank and it stayed at the same degree cuzz they turn of when it reaches to 76 and turn on when it goes down to 75
Get one that will heat a higher gallon.. Example. 55 gallon in a 15 gallon. You can make it 80. Just monitor
Marlboroack is offline   Reply With Quote