Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #1 
andyxxatomic

My fish died! I could use some help on how to clean the tank deco in case she wasick

My female betta fish had been acting weird over the past week. Unfortunately, before i could get to the bottom of things, she died :((. I only got her a month or so ago so I'm assuming she became sick.

In her tank there was gravel and she had a plastic plant. When I cleaned her tank the other night I switched the plant out to a little tank ornament.

My main question is how do I clean these items now that she is diseased in case she had some sort of disease?

Originally, I would clean out her fish bowl with vinegar and water instead of soap or something in case of left over residue.
I usually just cleaned the rocks by soaking them in water, mixing them around and rinsing them a few times till they no longer smelled.
I cleaned the plastic plants with vinegar and water as well.
The little figurine inside the tank I usually just cleaned with water.

I plan on using all of the above in a new tank but in case she was sick, I don't want new fish getting sick from the items that were in her old tank.

I was wondering if I should clean them in some other way just in case they are contaminated. I don't know if vinegar or plain water is going to cut it... Maybe add some aquarium salt?

Last edited by andyxxatomic; 05-01-2012 at 01:04 PM.
andyxxatomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #2 
andyxxatomic

* by rocks at the bottom I mean gravel
Old 05-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #3 
andyxxatomic

*thanks for reading btw
Old 05-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #4 
Goldie2nd

Hmm hot water or warm water and use some aquarium salt to help the water and the clotrnine free stuff drops. Sorry for your loss
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote