Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #11 
SweetDLove

These are the current pictures I have at the moment. I am pretty sure it's a boy....But once I get better pics of his whole body, we'll know for sure. The tank is set but I am letting the temperature go down a little. I might need to adjust one of the plants but later on.

It was so hard choosing a fish because there were multiple that I thought were so pretty. The fish all looked to be in good health.

Bosco (named after Bosco from thirdwatch :P. It was that or Howie cuz of Howie from the backstreet boys) here (given that it's a male) practically called to me. He was so fast in his little bowl and constantly staring at me as I was looking at the different Betta's. There was also another later there shopping for a Betta and she was really friendly. She said she had two that lived for 2 years.

Bosco is acclimating in his bag in the tank right now. He's swimming around like a G and staring at me. He's probably wondering why he can't get out to go play in the sea anemone or his spongebob pineapple house (I wanted something different but the other hideout I saw was a little pricey and bigger so i wasn't sure if it'd fit). Besides swimming around a bit, he kind of stops for a minute or two and watches the TV. xD.

I love this fish already. As I sat in the walmart parking lot holding his bag and, he saw the shadow of my finger and was chasing it/nipping at it and I was sitting there laughing like a complete tard LOL.

All together, I spent $127 on my little Betta buddy.

The petstore clerk was really nice and helpful. She made sure we had a heater, good sized tank, things of that sort. She even gave us advice on feeding and what to feed them. Once my iPod charges, I'll upload some pictures I took at the petstore. :P
SweetDLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #12 
SweetDLove

Bosco is a crazy little mofo. he seems pretty hyper as of right now after being in the take for an hour or so. He seems to like the area between the anemone and tank wall (near the TV). I think he's chilling by the plant atm. Tried to give him a couple pieces of fish food and a blood worm but I think he's too busy being a happy fishy. xD
Old 05-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #13 
SweetDLove

Final pictures/post for the day. If anyone stumbles across this and knows what type of betta Bosco is, please let me know!

And as for random ones. I saw this fish when I firs twalked into the aquarium section and fell in love. he/she swam right up and stared at us....crazy lil thing. does anyone know what kind of fish this is because I LOVE it?

The shelve with Betta's. There's a few more not shown on the sides. It was honestly hard as hell to choose because I saw a few that I LOVED but as I said, Bosco called to me in some way with fish ESP. LOL
Old 05-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #14 
SweetDLove

First night with Bosco was a success! it was stressful for me because I was worrying about him a lot haha. I've had to put some paper on the sides of his tank except for the front and turn his light off a few times because he seems to be neurotic and glass surfs and it makes me feel bad.

He's calmed down now and kind of poking around at the anemone and the plant. Right now he's in his pineapple house chilling like a G....oh but now he's spying on me as I type this. xD

I am not sure if it's because of his age (I don't know how old he is but he does look young to me) but it looks like his fins may be growing back a little (maybe from finrot or something?). He's in great condition overall.

Last edited by SweetDLove; 05-03-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #15 
Tobythefish

Bosco looks like a Veil tail. He's good looking!
The other fish looks like a powder blue surgeon fish, a type of tang.
Tobythefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #16 
SweetDLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobythefish View Post
Bosco looks like a Veil tail. He's good looking!
The other fish looks like a powder blue surgeon fish, a type of tang.
Thank you so much for telling me! I had a feeling he was he was a veil tail and thank you for letting me know what the other fish was. XD
Old 05-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #17 
shadowpony

He may be growing. Petsores sell them when there 3-4 months old, most of the time. He may get bigger fatter, and may even develop a pattern, if your lucky. Congrats on your new freind!
shadowpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #18 
SweetDLove

Success!

Bosco is calming down a bit! he doesn't glass surf as much and actually takes the time to chill in his pineapple house or occasionally in the plants or anemone. I've finally gotten him to eat a couple bloodworms. He wasn't eating for awhile so I kind of let him be and now he's finally decided to swallow his food and not spit it it out. I'm in a bit of trouble now though because he keeps swimming towards the hole where i feed him .xD

I'm not too sure, but I think his fins have grown a little bit.

I'm calming down now too.The first few days were hard because I was worrying about him, but now I'm getting a hang on things and Bosco is also calming down.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #19 
SweetDLove

Bosco is doing pretty darn good today! I was thinking of switching his plants around since I have a couple more I never added. I tried to feed him a pellet and a blood worm and he ate both. now he's practically begging for me >.>.

I am happy though that he's stopped all the glass surfing. now he chills more in his plants and house, and swims around a lot. He looks really happy today :D
Old 05-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #20 
SweetDLove

Well today has already turned out to be a really bad day.

I woke up this morning and the first thing I saw was one of my guinea pigs, Pandy, dead. I don't know how it happened. I really don't. I've had her for 3 years and nothing like this has ever come close to happening.

I opened my eyes and saw her mop of hair sticking out of the cage. I thought maybe she was laying down in the corner. Once I put my glasses on, I saw her head was sticking out of the little grid. I panicked and shot out of bed. I tried to pull her out thinking she was still alive, and I pulled a little but it was useless. I only realized she was dead when I looked into her eyes and felt how cold her lifeless body was. I kept crying "no" in the process. I thought I was dreaming. I've had dreams like this before, so I was standing their trying to get her out thinking I'd wake up and look over only to see Pandy sipping water and chowing down on her food.

It makes no sense how this happened. The grids were too small for her to squeeze her head through and neither her or Lucy have ever tried to escape the tiny ones. Maybe poke their nose through a little, but they're not stupid. They can't and will not force their big heads through the tiny gaps. The only explanation is something had to have pulled her through.....

I feel like I am being punished right now.

I do believe in the supernatural and all that jazz, and last night I was fiddling with my p-sb7 ghost box before I went to sleep. I became so paranoid earlier that I thought a demon may have entered my home and....Killed my piggy. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I seriously considered that and I don't really believe in demons too much. It really makes no sense at all.

Poor Lucy is on her own now and I really can't bare to pick up another piggy right now. I know it's good to have more than one guinea pig together because they are herd/pack animals, but I can't replace my peanut butter so soon. I feel bad for Lucy. I held her for awhile and fed her some apples and now she's in the cage hiding. My poor little Lucy is going to be just as depressed as I am.

I can't go in my room right now so I sit on the laptop in the living room. My Mom and I had to hunt for wire cutters and stop by the hardware store to get multiple pairs just so we could cut the grid and get her poor head free. Burying her is still a work in progress because it is rainy. We've got her wrapped in a blanket in a box with a couple carrots (one of her favorite treats) and in a tiny hole. The ground is just full of roots and it's so hard to dig real deep.

I'm so bummed right now. I was in the process of planning a bigger and even better guinea pig cage to put up within a months time. I still will, but Lucy will be the only one to enjoy it for awhile.

And to bring in other pets, my dog Simone gave me a real sad look. I was sitting here in the recliner holding the box with Pandy in it crying. I looked at Simone and she looked so sad. She wouldn't stop staring at me. I looked away to the TV and that is when Simone hopped up and came trotting in with that sad look in her eyes before she stood next to me. Speaking of the Devil...Simone just came bouncing in and curled up in front of me.

All this supernatural hocus pocus has be really paranoid now. Simone has been acting kind of funky this morning and was last night while I was using my ghost box.

Maybe I'm going crazy? LOL.

I can't think of much else to say. Bosco is doing much better and swimming around like a mad man.

This little entry has been depressing but I couldn't help myself. I feel a bit better now and will just watch some TV and chill for awhile.

Last edited by SweetDLove; 05-10-2012 at 03:10 PM.