Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #11 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Storm View Post
I use TopFin tap water dechlorinator, I have never had a problem with white flakes in my water. I use 2 drops per gallon but sometimes up to 5 drops sneak in from time to time. Still never caused any flakes in the water though.

Recently I just started using Stress Zyme and Stress Coat, but I don't use the Stress Coat in every water change because it can gum up a Bettas gills if you use too much. I use it sparingly.

If you are using Stress coat you might want to reduce the amount you are using if you are getting strange build up in your tank.

I have come across a lot of entries in forums that discuss slime on the suction cups, but nothing said anything about it being fuzzy. Maybe I am misunderstanding the post. Slimey build up just on the suction cups shouldn't be a big problem. Pictures of the build up if it is fuzzy would be helpful in identifying if it is a problem, or harmless. BTW- Welcome to the forum LebronTheBetta. :)
It's not fuzzy, see above /: so is it bad to use stress coat for every water change?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote