Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #1 
lvandert

Popcorn HM x Dizzy HMPK

Well I'm at it again. After a break because of school I'm giving breeding another whirl. I have almost a full month off of work/school so I'm going to de this right eventually :P I've been feeding my pair good foods for about a week now so I introduced them today and what wiggle worms! My boy must have just reached maturity last month, he got really wiggly at anything that looked like another fish. So when he actually saw another fish and let alone a FEMALE, oh boy!!! All he does is frantically wiggle at her lol. He's been building massive bubble nests as well so I think he's ready. She's just as happy to see him. I think its the most I've seen my Popcorn interested in a male. She swims circles trying to follow him in her breeder box. Along with wiggling right back! I'm excited hopefully by Sunday or Monday they'll be ready to put together.
Attached Images

lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #2 
ZackyBear

I simply LOVE that female! And a cute name as well~ I hope your spawning goes well!
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #3 
lvandert

Thanks! I got her off aquabid as a wildcard HM female. she had a few siblings they are selling too.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:26 AM   #4 
bettalover2033

Great pair you have! The male is perfect. Im sure he's even better in person. His caudal and dorsal fins align great and the anal fin also fits. He has a slight spoon head, but nothing to worry about. Barely noticeable. And that female is really nice as well. Shes a really nice koi marble. Her caudal doesnt look too promising, but the male will balance her fins out so its not a huge deal. Also her anal fin is more rounded and longer that usual, but again, the male will do a perfect job at balancing her fins out.

Just from a fellow breeder's point of view.

Okay i have to say, this pair's colors are going tk make some very inferesting marble fry. I cant wait to see the outcome.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #5 
MaisyDawgThirteen

*stalking

I can't wait to see the fry! :D
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #6 
lvandert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Great pair you have! The male is perfect. Im sure he's even better in person. His caudal and dorsal fins align great and the anal fin also fits. He has a slight spoon head, but nothing to worry about. Barely noticeable. And that female is really nice as well. Shes a really nice koi marble. Her caudal doesnt look too promising, but the male will balance her fins out so its not a huge deal. Also her anal fin is more rounded and longer that usual, but again, the male will do a perfect job at balancing her fins out.

Just from a fellow breeder's point of view.

Okay i have to say, this pair's colors are going tk make some very inferesting marble fry. I cant wait to see the outcome.
lol I actually asked MrV about the same fish yesterday before I introduced them. He said he's a not bad fish from a breeder's point of view too :P He's actually a pet store boy. I got him about 2-3 months ago and he was just a tiny thing, not a "baby betta" though. I got him half off because he had a fungal growth. I'll post a pic from when I first got him, you can see he's grown into quite a fish. And Popcorn is a genetic wildcard, all the breeder knew is her father, her mother must have came from a different breeder. She does have the double tail geneo along with a very light dragon scale

I have a local pet store that would love to have some offspring from the same city (save on shipping charges) so they've offered to buy any fish I cant find a home for myself. I plan on selling a few to friends and maybe keeping a couple but then it'll be out into the world. If i can even get them that far. I've had the worst luck with infertile eggs/egg eaters, and this is Dizzy's first spawn. I hope he'll be a good dada.
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #7 
lvandert

Well I don't think my girl could be any chunkier. She might not make it to tomorrow. I'm thinking of letting her out soon today. I'll give them one more feeding of mosquito larva and then probably let her out...
Old 05-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #8 
AFishTale

Good luck! Love the pair. <3
AFishTale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #9 
lvandert

Thanks! I got a good feeling about these two. They are so gentle with each other. There wasn't a single nip between them. Dizzy has such a soft mouth too, and as far as I can tell he didn't even eat the first egg. Popcorn is by far one of my favorite girls to breed. She never eats the eggs and even helps put them in the nest. They're spawning as I type. I'll take some videos and put them up once their done.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #10 
betta lover1507

yayy i knew dizzy was a good male XP he will sharpen the caudal edges of the fry, since dizzy is a PK, but they might have long fins because PK isn't as dominant as long fin good luck with the fry anyways
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote