Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #31 
bettalover2033

The male is pretty small but im sure hes going tk bw growinf a bunch more. My hm marble is still growing after a month. I got him when he was three months old and he is now four months old and still growing.

The femle has long fins as well (from what i can see in the picture.) So their fry will moat likely be very longfinned. Thr only flaw i see on him is his anal fin, but that isnt too long so their fry wont all have bad anals. Nice pair.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #32 
Creat

Update: The nest dissolved a little and some baby images before he chased me off. Some of the fry are already free swimming :) I added a few micro worms and bbs because I worry. I also fed daddy he wanted just one bloodworm lol.

Name:  IMG_0606.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  41.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0608.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  71.8 KB
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #33 
Creat

And thanks bettalover I cant wait to see them
Old 05-05-2012, 04:43 AM   #34 
bettalover2033

You're welcome. His bubblenest is very wide. Thats perfect for fry since it would be easy for them to get themselves back up.He sounds like a very good father.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #35 
BettaDude

are you going to raise them in this tank as well?
or is it just for spawning?
BettaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #36 
Creat

He is being super good he leaves the free swimming fry but if one looks like need help he moves it back to the nest. And I will probably leave them for a month/ half month in there and move them to a 25 for growing.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #37 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Happy to hear the fry are doing well!!
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #38 
Creat

This boy is an amazing daddy most of the fry are free swimming but he is still keeping up the nest. He also will pick fry up that have fallen to the bottom and put them in the java moss where it is easier for them to reach the surface its super cute XD I am going to start adding water tomorrow. I also learned not to trust the boyfriend with the micro worms I hate lumpy cultures cause the worms take forever to crawl up the sides and I have to pick worms out a few at a time :P
Old 05-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #39 
bettalover2033

I agree. He isnt a bad candidate fora breeder. Im actually surprised that he is from a pet store. Im also surprised you got the female from a breeder. Its very opposite. He looks more like a breeder boy while she seems like shes supposed to be from the pet store.

The male really has changed and gotten pretty big. Very nice thickness and fin extension that you see. He almost looks like a way different betta. You did a good job by buying him and caring for him tk get back in good health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
lol I actually asked MrV about the same fish yesterday before I introduced them. He said he's a not bad fish from a breeder's point of view too :P He's actually a pet store boy. I got him about 2-3 months ago and he was just a tiny thing, not a "baby betta" though. I got him half off because he had a fungal growth. I'll post a pic from when I first got him, you can see he's grown into quite a fish. And Popcorn is a genetic wildcard, all the breeder knew is her father, her mother must have came from a different breeder. She does have the double tail geneo along with a very light dragon scale

I have a local pet store that would love to have some offspring from the same city (save on shipping charges) so they've offered to buy any fish I cant find a home for myself. I plan on selling a few to friends and maybe keeping a couple but then it'll be out into the world. If i can even get them that far. I've had the worst luck with infertile eggs/egg eaters, and this is Dizzy's first spawn. I hope he'll be a good dada.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #40 
lvandert

how the heck did that post get here? I'm highly confused now...
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote