Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #11 
indianabetta

I had the same thing happen with the lil blue girl you sent me bettas rule. She STILL has her breeding stripes but after 3 FULL days, no spawn, so she is back in the sorority, breeding stripes still showing.
indianabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #12 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffegg2 View Post
Just curious how you felt it was a no-go? They took too long? They kept chasing each other? He beat her up? It can take a couple days after you release the female for them to do the business....

Jeff.
I gave up because I saw her approach the nest on numerous occasions and he ignored her. I will try it again after they get a rest. The female is just dropping eggs like crazy now...They are all over the jar. She was soooo huge. I am gonna call the spawn off completely and recondition the pair for spawning.
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #13 
AFishTale

Happened to me during my spawn attempt last summer. Female was showing all the right things, but the male either woudn't so much as acknowledge her presence.
AFishTale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #14 
indianabetta

HA I know how ya feel, I had one of mine in the hurricane to flirt with with the male, by the next morning there was hundreds of eggs floating in the hurricane :( Spawn bust!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #15 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabetta View Post
I had the same thing happen with the lil blue girl you sent me bettas rule. She STILL has her breeding stripes but after 3 FULL days, no spawn, so she is back in the sorority, breeding stripes still showing.
I am not gonna lie I really regretted selling her without breeding her. She was such a gorgeous female. Do you have any recent pictures of her?
Old 05-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #16 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabetta View Post
HA I know how ya feel, I had one of mine in the hurricane to flirt with with the male, by the next morning there was hundreds of eggs floating in the hurricane :( Spawn bust!
ooh that sucks!!
When I saw my female I was like NOOOO
Old 05-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #17 
indianabetta

Ya I really like her too, debating on her or the black female for the next spawn with my red boy, the only other photo i have of her is the "opinion" post I have up. I tried a group sorority tank, but that was a no go, had to seperate them all, the 2 red girls are bigger and they were just plain mean! What would I get with my red male and the blue girl?
The red boy and the black girl did spawn last week but there was only about ten eggs and he ate them :(