Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #1 
Enkil

Fenris!

So, as some of you know, I was getting a puppy to raise and train as my psychiatric service dog. Well, he's been here for a few weeks now! Drove over 3 hours one way to get him. So worth it.

For the first week and half to two weeks, I crashed on the couch with him. He already helps me by waking me when I have nightmares. Doesn't sound like much to many, but it really is. The nightmares were keeping me from getting more than an hour of sleep a night at most. He also helps me by giving me even more reason to get up and out of bed (on top of my daughter and the bettas).

He's growing pretty well too. Attaching some pics of him that I took today out in the back yard.
Attached Images

Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Fenris is such a CUTE puppy! He is so sweet helping you with nightmares!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #3 
Enkil

Thank you. ^_^ He was out enjoying the sun for a while earlier. Now he's laying here on the bed next to me and the laptop taking a puppy nap.

He's been waking me from the nightmares since his second night with us. I was absolutely amazed that he just started doing it without having any training for such a task. He was labeled as the male pick of the litter at about a week old and the breeders suggested him. I'm glad they did. He's been a perfect fit so far.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:21 AM   #4 
Shirleythebetta

I like the stocky build of his body. He is going to look terrifying to strangers when he grows up like my aussie shepard, my aussie shepard looks like a black wolf with orange eyes and always looks so scary when strange men come near me, he even lowers his head all scary like to the hubby sometimes. :/ Nobody is going to want to tango with him. Nobody will want to mess with Fenris, Thats a plus in my opinion.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #5 
Laki

Wow, he's gorgeous! American bulldog is he? gosh, look at him. I'm so glad he's a perfect fit for you!! May you enjoy many long years togehter!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #6 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Good looking pup you got there! I used to breed champion pit bulls years ago before the overpopulation thing got out of hand. That's gonna be a real good looking dog!
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #7 
Enkil

He's what they're calling an American Bully. The breed started about 20 or so years ago when they crossed American pit bulls and American Stafordshire terriers to get the foundation stock. His sire is called Zeus at home, stands at 15 1/2 inches at the shoulder. His mother, Lil Miss, stands at 15. He's a pocket bully, but will be pretty sturdy.
Loved getting to see his father, mother, grandfather, and grandmother along with one of his aunts. All great looking dogs. The breeder I got him from has a website where you can see his parents and grandparents: http://bullyangelkennels.webs.com/

I wanted a "bully" breed for the fact that most people wont start trouble just because of the bad reps the "bully" dogs have even though they're sweeties. Makes me feel a bit safer really. Used to have a wolf hybrid that was pretty good at making people give me my person space.

Took him to the vet this morning. Had an appointment for shots and had to bring up some concerns I had. Everything checked out fine though. Weighs 15.2 pounds! I couldn't believe it when they weighed him.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #8 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkil View Post
He's what they're calling an American Bully. The breed started about 20 or so years ago when they crossed American pit bulls and American Stafordshire terriers to get the foundation stock. His sire is called Zeus at home, stands at 15 1/2 inches at the shoulder. His mother, Lil Miss, stands at 15. He's a pocket bully, but will be pretty sturdy.
Loved getting to see his father, mother, grandfather, and grandmother along with one of his aunts. All great looking dogs. The breeder I got him from has a website where you can see his parents and grandparents: http://bullyangelkennels.webs.com/

I wanted a "bully" breed for the fact that most people wont start trouble just because of the bad reps the "bully" dogs have even though they're sweeties. Makes me feel a bit safer really. Used to have a wolf hybrid that was pretty good at making people give me my person space.

Took him to the vet this morning. Had an appointment for shots and had to bring up some concerns I had. Everything checked out fine though. Weighs 15.2 pounds! I couldn't believe it when they weighed him.

I am familiar with the bully's, mine were just APBT's.
Here is one of my males that looks like yours.

This was another male I sold, not to happy they cropped though...
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #9 
Enkil

Oh my gosh! They are both gorgeous! Though that crop job does not suit him in the least IMO. I know they crop ears for shows now, but still.

I'm thinking about possibly getting into weight pulling with Fenris. They've got his grandfather, Cerberus, doing it and he loves it. If Fenris shows he doesn't care for it, I wont make him of course. Wouldn't want him to be unhappy. Just think it would be good for him to have a physical outlet since he'll be a work dog most of the time.
Also going to be showing him since they started a specific class for altered bullies. Being a service dog, Fenris will be fixed when he's old enough. Well, as long as he doesn't prove to be allergic to the anesthesia.

You should see him when he's walking about. He stacks himself just about every time he stops!
Old 05-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #10 
starrlamia

not a fan of the kennel itself but he is super adorable!
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote