Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #21 
BETTACHKALOVE

just want to add something to what everyone already wrote.

I heard that bettas can dart around when they switch from small tank to bigger. But i still would watch him for sigh of disease. Just in case. When you shine light on his and see like dust on fish body it velvet. Also another kind of the external parasites ich. Sometimes looks like fish covered with salt or sometimes it has white patches, or sometimes it doesn't have anything but it will dart around like crazy and try to rub against the objects. So make sure he doesn't do it.
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #22 
Atena

He is not rubbing anymore. He actually thinks the filter is a new toy. LOL Funny little guys.

He is eating well again also and take plenty of rest between swims.
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #23 
BETTACHKALOVE

Make sure he is just resting and not getting lethargic. Make sure he is not resting a lot, like laying on the bottom or just hanging on his plant all the time. Especially if he was active before and get like that all of a sudden.

Last edited by BETTACHKALOVE; 05-04-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #24 
lelei

Atena, your fishy looks so content, my "Sammy" does the same thing, funny I tried the Betta Hammock, Sammy does not like his, but he found a very comfortable leaf that he loves to rest, and sleep on, and from time to time, our sammy gets a wild burst of enegry, which looks erratic, but in acuality, I think it's because He now knows what time we come home, and when we are going to see him, to feed him, I say he is like a dog, when you come to the tank to say hello, he loves the attention, and I feel that your fishy is doing some of the same things. When I first put our "Sammy" into his new home he needed to adjust, but he took to it very well, he went from a "Store-size fish bowl" to a "Petkeeper" mid size to a 3 gal tank, and he is getting bigger and eats very well, if not already, he is adjusted, he will be fine, if he is getting to know you and you observe different behaviour patterns, it's part of the bonding process, our Sammy is now so intuitive to our whereabouts, he puts on a show, when we are sitting tankside, and then naps, then right before we go to bed, he comes to the tank to stare at us, for a few moments, then me and my daughter say goodnight sammy, and shut his light, and he slowly swims toward his leaf to sleep..it's soo precious...:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #25 
Atena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETTACHKALOVE View Post
Make sure he is just resting and not getting lethargic. Make sure he is not resting a lot, like laying on the bottom or just hanging on his plant all the time. Especially if he was active before and get like that all of a sudden.
He has been more quiet over the past two days than I ever saw him before. He is resting at the bottom, but this might be to get away from the filter current. He also rests in his hammock a lot.

But he is still eating well and swims around when I come near the tank.

How do I know for sure and what do I do if he gets lethargic?
Old 05-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #26 
Atena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Atena, your fishy looks so content, my "Sammy" does the same thing, funny I tried the Betta Hammock, Sammy does not like his, but he found a very comfortable leaf that he loves to rest, and sleep on, and from time to time, our sammy gets a wild burst of enegry, which looks erratic, but in acuality, I think it's because He now knows what time we come home, and when we are going to see him, to feed him, I say he is like a dog, when you come to the tank to say hello, he loves the attention, and I feel that your fishy is doing some of the same things. When I first put our "Sammy" into his new home he needed to adjust, but he took to it very well, he went from a "Store-size fish bowl" to a "Petkeeper" mid size to a 3 gal tank, and he is getting bigger and eats very well, if not already, he is adjusted, he will be fine, if he is getting to know you and you observe different behaviour patterns, it's part of the bonding process, our Sammy is now so intuitive to our whereabouts, he puts on a show, when we are sitting tankside, and then naps, then right before we go to bed, he comes to the tank to stare at us, for a few moments, then me and my daughter say goodnight sammy, and shut his light, and he slowly swims toward his leaf to sleep..it's soo precious...:)

I know it is fine line between getting to know each-other and watching for signs of trouble. I am glad you formed such a bond with Sammy. I hope guppy will get to know me more too, we are so far just new friends. :)
Old 05-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #27 
ANHEL123

so cute:)
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #28 
BETTACHKALOVE

Is he at the bottom and in his hammock all day and swims only when you come to him ?

If he will get lethargic at the bottom all the time or stop eating i would recommend aquarium salt. Also depend on the symptoms.
If he is eating and swimming and there is no behavior changing,or physical symptoms than just keep his water clean and hopefully he is fine.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #29 
Atena

his attitude got much better this morning. He has never stopped eating but today he is a little piggie. And he swam around much more.

I guess he has moods just like people.

I will get some salt and keep it in my emergency kit just in case. Thank you for the advice.

For now though I think he is okay.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #30 
BETTACHKALOVE

Oh good i am glad :)

Tags
velvet disease