Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #1 
blueblue48

is my betta in trouble?

well since my old betta died ive just had his 2.5 gallon sitting there for a couple of months, i went to a lfs today and got a new betta, but since hes been in the tank hes been acting strange, like hes either really excited or somethings wrong. theres no clear signs of any sickness and he seems really happy, just sometimes hell be swimming lazily around, then hell just start swimming super fast along the wall, or hell swim as fast as he can down to the bottom, or around a corner! just a minute ago he swam as fast as possible toward the surface and did a jump (hitting his head on the inside of the hood!). im happy/worried!
blueblue48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #2 
fish_4_all

I would that sounds pretty normal for any betta I have ever had. Just make sure to keep his water in good conditions and feed him a good veriety of foods.
fish_4_all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #3 
blueblue48

i guess i just havent had a young betta for awhile , since my last betta died at the ripe age of 5 years old! anyways he seems happy, likes to eat his pellet food and bloodworms. he also likes to try to eat baby snails, but he always realizes there not food when he cant chew them and spits them out. is it true bettas like live plants better? ive never had live plants and a betta in one tank and since now i do all he likes to do is swim through, and lay in, his red ludwigia!
blueblue48 is offline   Reply With Quote