Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #21 
Shinkutsunami

lol okay so he's gonna be pooping his little guts out for a few days then I guess... xD from what it sounds like, you've had great success with this epsom salt that you use! i'm gonna leave him in there I guess. it does really look like a blister but I thought those are usually only red it looks like his scales and everything are swollen right there it doesn't look like something on him. I really almost just want to stick a needle in that thing and have the fluid drain but I guess that's a bad idea. lol i'll just take your advice and keep goin with the epsom hope this works!
Shinkutsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #22 
Sena Hansler

yeah puncturing it can cause infections fast! It's kind of his body's defense - you know how when you wear new shoes, you get a blister? That is your body defending itself - it's a way to cushion, and protect, and usually leaves a callus that then helps you continue to wear those shoes :) hence why flip-flop wearers have stronger skin between their toes!! And those that puncture it, tend to have more pain and a longer time for it to heal. Epsom salt for us, works for that.

Epsom salt for them, works for that :p

If it doesn't work we may need to ask about it being a cyst, tumor, etc... I don't want you being alarmed, but it is possible and not uncommon. You can meet many of us who've had tumor bettas and we can help you with it!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #23 
Shinkutsunami

hmm.. I never thought of it like that but yeah that makes sense! :) I really hope it goes away. I guess i'm gonna find out ina few days if it will go away or not x) and if it doesn't it's probably a cyst or tumor or whatever? i'm assuming that you don't really got rid of those.. it really does look more like a blister though especially the way it's shaped! it looks like fluid is inside
Old 05-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #24 
Sena Hansler

Then it may be what I think it is :) epsom salt for 10 days, even if it "goes away" do it for the full length to make absolute sure no relapse is going to happen. If it doesn't go away, post another thread asking "Tumor?" or something like that and you'll get all us tumor-betta-owning people in
Old 05-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #25 
Shinkutsunami

okay cool thanks so much! i'll have to let you know if this works! wish me luck.. er I mean wish him luck!
Old 05-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #26 
Sena Hansler

I wish you BOTH luck And trust me, if it IS a tumor or something chronic that will never go away... we're here to help :)
Old 05-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #27 
Shinkutsunami

so it's day 3 of treatment andddddddd, the thing on his head looks EXACTLY the same if not bigger.. :O
Old 05-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #28 
Sena Hansler

Hmmm lemme get a few people to sneak peak here
Old 05-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #29 
Shinkutsunami

I have a new thread up about it I really need ALOT of people to see this and try to figure it out because i'm completely stumped. O_O it doesn't really look like a tumor either from what I can tell.

Tags
betta, disease fungal infection, fungus, sick