Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #31 
Laki

The heater will make him perk up. Room AIR temp is always warmer than water. Water warms slower bc of its properties. Anyway, You might want to get some plants so he can explore and hide- gives him something to do.
When choosing plants, rub any plastic on pantyhose to see if it tears. If it does, so not buy it !! Bc it might tear your fish's fins o.O
You live in Ireland. So maybe HM's are less popular out there. One store here only got their first ever shipment in last week. So they're not as easy to get in some places.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #32 
MrBowBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
The heater will make him perk up. Room AIR temp is always warmer than water. Water warms slower bc of its properties. Anyway, You might want to get some plants so he can explore and hide- gives him something to do.
When choosing plants, rub any plastic on pantyhose to see if it tears. If it does, so not buy it !! Bc it might tear your fish's fins o.O
You live in Ireland. So maybe HM's are less popular out there. One store here only got their first ever shipment in last week. So they're not as easy to get in some places.
Yea thanks, I do have a wee plant at the bottom in the middle of the tank :D
MrBowBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #33 
ootfifawithbubba

heres my bubba but in the second one i had flash on i hope i didnt mess up his eyes O_O
Attached Images

ootfifawithbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #34 
ootfifawithbubba

my baby boy tale bites and hes bad he has a pin hole and very raged top fin , i cant make him stop it XC i thoght it was the sharp plant , but even when i removed it hes still doing it , so your fish may be tale bitein if hes got raged edges, i never see mine do it tho
ootfifawithbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #35 
MrBowBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ootfifawithbubba View Post
my baby boy tale bites and hes bad he has a pin hole and very raged top fin , i cant make him stop it XC i thoght it was the sharp plant , but even when i removed it hes still doing it , so your fish may be tale bitein if hes got raged edges, i never see mine do it tho
mine defiantly isn't tail bitten, is yours still in that wee container? If so I think that is why he is tail bitten because he hasn't enough room in the tank!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #36 
MrBowBetta

I got my good camera out, here is some quality photos:)

Hope I don't freeze your computers lol
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #37 
MollyJean

1 (red) is the top tail fin
2 (green) is the lower tail fin
The Dorsal and Anal fins are marked. Unless there is a 3rd fin hidding behind the dorsal fin then he's a double tail.

He's a great looking double tail, very even and the body isn't all stumpy like some. And I believe his color would be described best as being "Iridescent" blue/green.

He looks healthy and happy, and I'm glad he's moving around a lot more!!
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #38 
MrBowBetta

Thanks for your help! You's are all so helpful on this site! I now get it I think it was just at first I was getting confused over it all and that, but you's all helped me through it:) Thanks!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #39 
Laki

You have some really nice pics there!! He's such a nice color (though from the profile message you sent me earlier, Bow is nowhere near the same color as Ludendorff!! lol My fish is a multicolor, whereas Bow is definitely a blue! With some iridescence, but then most blue do :) )
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #40 
MrBowBetta

I know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
You have some really nice pics there!! He's such a nice color (though from the profile message you sent me earlier, Bow is nowhere near the same color as Ludendorff!! lol My fish is a multicolor, whereas Bow is definitely a blue! With some iridescence, but then most blue do :) )
that's what I meant, your's is lighter on the body and those photos of my Bow don't do him justice! See when you look at yours, does he show up different shade of colours? Cause Bow certainly does! Some times he is a light green, next he could show purple haha!