Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2008, 09:02 PM   #1 
key_555

Do you know?

If i put the dividers in the 30gal tank how do i keep the males from fighting? and if i put it so that there are 5 spaces it that enough room for them.
key_555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #2 
blueblue48

Well if the dividers are doing there job they wont be able to nip each other so they shouldnt fight more then the flaring up deal when they see each other. Lets see 30 gallons divided by 5 spaces is 6 gallons a piece, and ive got an extremely happy betta in a 2.5 so i think you should be great.
blueblue48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #3 
jeaninel

You could also put plants in front of each divider to kind of break up the line of sight.
jeaninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #4 
key_555

thanks do you know a fas and easy way to cycle a new tank
Old 03-10-2008, 10:42 PM   #5 
key_555

i want to get my bettas in the tanks soon so that they dont die i thought it would be ok just to put them in a bowl please help me i dont want them to die
Old 03-11-2008, 05:20 AM   #6 
Flashygrrl

They probably won't die if they're in there for about a month as long as you try to keep them in a warm spot and change the water enough (don't go overboard) and stuff. Just don't stress a whole lot about it, there's not a lot you can do anyways at this point. And don't even think of getting the tank set up and thinking that it would be better for them in there while it's cycling...trust us when we say it wouldn't.

As for cycling, other than using establish gravel as a "seed", no, there really isn't a faster way and even that isn't a guarantee. You can put a danio in there but then you'd have to return him after your tank is done. Think of this as a realllly good lesson to do research and have all your stuff before you actually have the fish :) You're doing a good thing and providing a better home for the betta.
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote