Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #1 
Pogthefish

Is my betta going to get color? ALSO black lines on scale edges?

Her name is Exploding Supernova, but I call her Eclipse. (Don't ask on the name, my friend and I jokingly thought it up in science and it just stuck)

So she looks EXACTLY like aphrodite, but she is veyr young and they are both colorless but with red fins. Will she get color or stay like this? I hear they get color as they age.

Also, she has no visible scales, but older Aphrodite has black lines at the edges of her scales... will she get black lines too? she just looks so pure now..

Are the black lines bad?
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #2 
Mo

It depends on the individual fish's many bettas can have virtually no color, and no visible scales throughout her life so it can be hard to determine and be sure. Unless she seems to be a cellophane Betta or a very young/non developed Betta I would expect her to get more colors or more vivid coloration
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #3 
Pogthefish

what is cellophane? and her fins are colored, I thought she was ALL white, like I watched her for ten minutes at petco before the line ended, but as soon as I let her in my tank, they went red! lol!
Old 05-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #4 
Mo

Lol it could also be from stress. She could be getting acclimated, irvine that she has already began to color up, I would say that she is gaining color, and cellophane is a color type of betta, they are usually see through
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #5 
Pogthefish

ok :D thanks!