Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #11 
ZubinBetta

I feed my fish Top Fin Color Enhancing Betta Bits I got at PetSmart. Initially "Paprika" flared at the food, but he soon ate it, and really enjoys it now, too. The "Bits" are pellets, a little large in fact for a betta, but I was pleased to see shrimp meal and fish meal are the first ingredients on the list. I have fed my bettas the Aqueon pellets, but they have a tendency to sink, which the Top Fin pellets do not. I have not tried Hikari, but it comes well-recommended. I tried Atison's Betta Pro, but I ordered the larger size, not realizing just how much food that is, and the label said to discard an open container after six months of use. Does that seem right? The Atison's pellets (brine shrimp embryos) were much smaller than I was used to, so I often put too many into the tank; the pellets don't develop that white fuzz on the bottom, but they do decay if they remain in the tank uneaten.
ZubinBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #12 
Shiverdam

I bought Omega One and dropped one little pellet in each betta's tank as a tester. Aristotle just stared at it, but chased it when it sank to the bottom and then left it again. Galileo was too busy zipping around like a spaz to notice it. Maybe tomorrow they'll come 'round.
I tried looking for NLS but couldn't find it. Not at Petland or Petsmart, at least. I may try Big Al's over the weekend.
Shiverdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #13 
Bombalurina

I use NLS cichlid pellets. I got two packets for free and the ingredients are a gazillion times better than the local petshop junk, so my fish get them. The killis in particular wolf them down.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #14 
lexylex0526

Talking

I use and would definitely recommend Aqueon Betta Food! It is all natural and has really good and beneficial ingredients in it! My bettas all love it!!! It also is proven to help support a healthy immune system, bring out their colors and it has the essentials for proper growth and vitality:) I belive I bought it from petsmart and it is probably carried at petco. I'll attach a pic to show you what the container looks like.
Attached Images

lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote