Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-11-2012, 04:29 AM   #1 
jack2

Lightbulb How Long between AQ treatment?

Hi,
My fish has fin rot and i have been treating him for the last 10 days with aquarium salt, which did nothing. I did a 100% water change yesterday and got a heater which i think will help the fin rot. So my question is how long do i need to wait before i can start the Aquarium Salt treatment again?
Thanks
jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

I would wait at least 5-7 days, however, tell us more about the fin rot and first treatment......

How much salt did you use and what type of container did you treat him in as well as water changes during treatment, water temp, nutrition-did you use any tannins.

Can you post a pic of the damage and/or describe what you are seeing.

Do you know the cause of the fin rot....until you fix that it can be a real challenge to get the fin to heal and re-grow...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #3 
lvandert

if you've treated with just the aq salt for 10 days and no change I wouldn't recommend using just that again. It's obviously not working for your fish. I would try something else with it. My "magic cure" for fin issues was aq salt (dosing to repair fins), stress coat (dosing to repair fins) and IAL. Within a week their fins were healed and growing. Only once have I had to use the melafix and that was after a week of no change. I put one drop in a gallon of water and within 3 days she was looking better.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote