Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #11 
bahamut285

*cause LETHARGY
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #12 
thekoimaiden

Bahamut and Tamyu make great points. Even as it is, I will still print it out and post it around town. Do you possibly have a smaller one that could be printed multiple to a page? (Or would you want to make one, Kelsey?) I'm thinking if you have something smaller I can distribute it to the vets in town to give out to their patients' owners. Or surreptitiously sneak into those horrible betta homes they sell at Petsmart.

Last edited by thekoimaiden; 05-09-2012 at 10:53 PM.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #13 
jeffegg2

Cool

Wow, a PETA for Bettas. How about PETBS? (People for the ethical treatment of Betta Splendens) I'm really impressed! So how do you take down all those youtubes that say how happy their Betta lives in a shot glass? Almost as bad as those that sell plant/Betta ecosystems that supposedly self supporting and the betta is suppose to feed off the plant? I remember my apartment partners wife thought that the "air fern" actually fed off of air!!! hahaha! It was just a dried plant dyed green!! some people believe anything!

Jeff.
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #14 
MrVampire181

Betta Splendens of Colorado is also planning some events around our state to promote betta awareness. We encourage you guys to do the same in your area :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #15 
KadenJames

Thanks for the input, guys, and I apologize for the minor misspellings. xD Sometimes I get so excited to finish it, I skip the double-checking.

Kelsey, I'm a graphic designer, too. =) Happy contracted with the US Air Force, BEST JOB EVAAA.

I'll be making these tweaks and I'll see how small I can shrink it so that the text is still legible (May have to condense some of the info). It's a lot to cram onto a page and I'm honestly not too fond of the layout. But, as long as our point gets across to people, and at least ONE betta's quality of life is improved from it, we've done a good job. =)
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #16 
Sivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffegg2 View Post
Wow, a PETA for Bettas. How about PETBS? (People for the ethical treatment of Betta Splendens) I'm really impressed! So how do you take down all those youtubes that say how happy their Betta lives in a shot glass? Almost as bad as those that sell plant/Betta ecosystems that supposedly self supporting and the betta is suppose to feed off the plant? I remember my apartment partners wife thought that the "air fern" actually fed off of air!!! hahaha! It was just a dried plant dyed green!! some people believe anything!

Jeff.
Sorry, but I am going to have to correct you.

Betta Fish Awareness Day does NOT support PETA or condone it. PETA kills most of its "rescued" animals and supports extreme measures to raise awareness about what they claim their cause to be (I say claim because it is a hypocritical scam group). They support internal terrorist groups such as ALF (Animal Liberation Front) and believe that animals should have complete equal rights--meaning that they are technically against pets. PETA values animal life over human life and degrades women constantly for their cause. I'm not just talking about their constant use of sexualizing women, I'm talking about how they protested the Ben and Jerry's factory from using cow milk and suggested that women be milked instead because its wrong to milk cows.

In no way is my group affiliated or supportive of extreme and terrorist supporting groups like that. Betta Fish Awareness Day supports education and peaceful ways to make change happen, much like the Humane Society or the ASPCA.
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #17 
Ramble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivan View Post

Betta Fish Awareness Day does NOT support PETA or condone it. PETA kills most of its "rescued" animals and supports extreme measures to raise awareness about what they claim their cause to be
I think it was just meant to be a compliment, and in no way a comparison of your methods...

The flyer looks nice, and I do agree with someone else who pointed out that a printer-friendly alternate as well as the colorful one might make it easier for more folks to share your poster,
And I also noted a typo- "accommodate" is with an 'o' ...looks good, though!
Ramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:43 AM   #18 
wystearya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivan View Post

Betta Fish Awareness Day does NOT support PETA or condone it. PETA kills most of its "rescued" animals and supports extreme measures to raise awareness about what they claim their cause to be (I say claim because it is a hypocritical scam group). They support internal terrorist groups such as ALF (Animal Liberation Front) and believe that animals should have complete equal rights--meaning that they are technically against pets. PETA values animal life over human life and degrades women constantly for their cause. I'm not just talking about their constant use of sexualizing women, I'm talking about how they protested the Ben and Jerry's factory from using cow milk and suggested that women be milked instead because its wrong to milk cows.

In no way is my group affiliated or supportive of extreme and terrorist supporting groups like that. Betta Fish Awareness Day supports education and peaceful ways to make change happen, much like the Humane Society or the ASPCA.
Thank you!!!

I highly dislike PETA and similar groups who pretend to be for the animals, when reality is different. PETA believes no one should own a pet, at all. If you want to be able to own pets, then please find out the truth about PETA (and other organizations) before you support them!!

--------

Back on topic:

I love the flyer. And I would like to try to sneak some in my local pet stores, though I don't know how long they would last before being trashed. :(
wystearya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #19 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wystearya View Post
Thank you!!!

I highly dislike PETA and similar groups who pretend to be for the animals, when reality is different. PETA believes no one should own a pet, at all. If you want to be able to own pets, then please find out the truth about PETA (and other organizations) before you support them!!
+++1
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #20 
nel3

that light bulb deathtrap looks horrendous.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote