Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #11 
KadenJames

What a betta-hero you are! I bet he's immensely grateful. Once he gets strong enough to ship, you are more than welcome to send him to me for a loving forever home. All of my bettas are kept in top "conditioning" conditions, so I can promise he will be very happy, healthy and loved very much. =)
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:18 PM   #12 
laoshun

Hearing your petco stories, It is unfortunate that your petcos don't keep good care of their bettas :/
laoshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #13 
True Indigo

Bethydan, it seems that more than half of the aquarium staff know what they're doing (including the fish manager) and have admitted to me that the training they receive is terrible and minimal at best. The reason they probably do better than other petcos is because they actually have fish of their own and look up all these things on their own time. So I'm thankful for that. It's rare to see a dead Betta. Maybe Once a week, two at most, but never much.

Kaden, you're more free than to do so once I'm convinced he's doing well and no one local can take him in. The only thing I'd probably ask for is the cost of shipping. His color has improved since last night, especially with the heater. He didn't eat this morning but I'll see if his appetite improves later in the day. He's a wicked shy and nervous fish.

Iaoshun, I'm saddened by it too. I wish there were more stories of the opposite.
True Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #14 
True Indigo

Update! He's less timid and shy. He doesn't swim away frantically when my hand comes near to drop his pellets anymore and he ate plenty for the day, so I'm happy.

Best of all? He made a bubble nest by the heater! I think it's the happiest he's been for a while. Haha. Really glad he's showing remarkable signs of improvements. His color has deepened too.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #15 
LinkLover

Oh that's great! I'm so happy to hear he has improved. And a bubblenest? Even better! My guy hasn't even done that yet. This is wonderful news. :)
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #16 
True Indigo

He's doing so much better. I'm really happy. He's swimming around more so instead of hiding all the time. He now even approaches me and eats greedily. It's amazing what one day in some heated water can do.

I also have a potential local taker. She doesn't have a heater though but says she had a betta before. She's asking a lot of questions about what she should get if she can't afford a heater right now so that makes me hopeful that if she does decide to get him, she'll take good care of him. We'll see.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #17 
LinkLover

Well that was fast! Haha. Lucky you have local people interested, that makes it a lot easier. And the fact that she is asking questions is great, normally people just say they know what they're doing, even if they don't.
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #18 
True Indigo

Uh-oh. I accidentally gave him a name. x_x Gill. Starting to become fond of him but know I can't keep him, not yet anyway. Hopefully this interested person gets him before I change my mind. XD

And yeah, I'm wicked glad she's asking all these questions. I'd rather someone badger me with questions than take the fish assuming they know all they need to do and plop them in a tiny bowl with nothing in it.