Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #1 
Keroro

Thumbs up Keroro -- the cotton candy fish!

Keroro is a crowntail, and tri-colored I believe? I wanted to share him with you all and see if he's alright--He feels very small/petite for a betta, since I've seen much larger crown tails. His fins are also very very small and transparent... And I noticed some grey on his coloring but I'm not sure if that's natural or if he's still recovering from his shelf life at petsmart? He seems happy now and has plenty of room to himself.. :)

Thank you!
Keroro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:26 AM   #2 
Kim

Aww...he's lovely! He has the same coloration as one of my former fish. If he's pretty small he's probably still somewhat young.

Oh, and I just want to let you know that the bamboo you have will rot if left totally submerged. The leaves need to be out of the water.

Good luck with him :)
Kim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #3 
Keroro

Thanks so much! That's good to know, I was curious about that for a while. Also, it's funny you mention that because a few people have said it--it's a fake tank decoration but I guess it looks pretty realistic, huh? :) Thanks for the kind words!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #4 
Jessicatm137

Wow! He's beautiful! I love the pic of him on his leaf!!!

Oh, I want to add something. You should take he shells out, because they effect the water parameters. ( In a bad way )

Last edited by Jessicatm137; 05-12-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Jessicatm137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #5 
LebronTheBetta

I believe that Keroro is a Butterfly Crowntail.
A Butterfly is a Betta Fish that has a solid color as their body, and 2 different colors on each half of their fin. It's a nice color. My Crowntail kinda looks like yours. Nice name for him BTW, Keroro. :D
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #6 
Keroro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
I believe that Keroro is a Butterfly Crowntail.
A Butterfly is a Betta Fish that has a solid color as their body, and 2 different colors on each half of their fin. It's a nice color. My Crowntail kinda looks like yours. Nice name for him BTW, Keroro. :D
Oh that's so cool! Now I can tell people what he is haha :) What's your crowntail's name? I'm gonna go creep and see if you have pictures hehe. Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicatm137 View Post
Wow! He's beautiful! I love the pic of him on his leaf!!!

Oh, I want to add something. You should take he shells out, because they effect the water parameters. ( In a bad way )
Thanks so much! He's such a cutie when he sits there huh? :) I'll take your advice but do you mind me asking why they affect it negatively? Should I get fake ones instead? Thanks again!
Old 05-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #7 
LebronTheBetta

Keroro...

My Crowntail's name is Lebron. He really does look like yours. Check in my Pictures and Albums, In my Profile. :D

Oh, and the Shells would affect it because they have calcium in them, that they would release it into the water. It would affect the Perimeters.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #8 
Jessicatm137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroro View Post
Thanks so much! He's such a cutie when he sits there huh? :) I'll take your advice but do you mind me asking why they affect it negatively? Should I get fake ones instead? Thanks again!
Keroro is a cutie. :)
You can get fake shells if you like how they look and want them. :) But real shells effect the Nitrite, Nitrate, and pH levels I think? Oh, I also head they spike the Ammonia levels. Hope this helps.
Jessicatm137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #9 
betta lover1507

he is gorgeous, i had a female VT like him, but her face was fully red ;p what a lovely boy, i laughed at cotton candy fish, lol it sounded cute :3
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #10 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

He's not a butterfly, he's a multi color. Butterflies have white/clear trim along their fins.
Is that other plant fake as well? It is also non aquatic.
Shells will actually raise the hardness of the water... Which for betta, I wouldn't purposefully do.
He's gorgeous. I saw one like him today, and really wanted him! But I couldn't. I don't know where you've been seeing crowntails, but I've always seen them as smaller than regular betta. Also, they seem to be more prone to bloat/constipation, so watch out for that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote