Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #11 
gidgeystartedit

My mouse got out. We didn't know until my dog started sniffing under the couch. We chased the thing around for 2 hours. It was crazy. It has a new cage now. It hasn't got out (yet).
gidgeystartedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #12 
Enkil

I used to have hampsters. Had one of those big brown sandy teddy bear ones I named Spike (after the Buffy character) because he had red eyes oddly enough. He also only liked me and would let no one else touch him. When we moved, he popped a plastic endcap off his cage and escaped. Never found him.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #13 
nel3

me and my brother used to have 2 "male" hamsters. one turned out to be female and killed hte male since my parents kept them in 1 cage the whole time. the female got pregnant, killed the male then ate the plastic running wheel. she left spider arms for the wheel leaveing the 2 circular rails with bars intact like she plannes to go for a road trip with the wheel. hamsters arent known for digesting plastic very well and it did her in. we were around 10-12 yrs old when we liked animals but quick enough to move on once they passed.

that aside they did escape the cage once when we left it open. i found mine in my room, the same situation regarding my brother's hamster in his room. found it ironic if anything.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #14 
ladayen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
Lol. The thread title is why I clicked on this thread....... The title is wayyy different than the story....

I'm not crazy!
ladayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #15 
gidgeystartedit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkil View Post
Never found him.
Aww. So sad.
gidgeystartedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #16 
Enkil

Pretty sure he fully escaped from the vehicle in Pennsylvania. The oddest part is both he and my sister's barbie jeep went MIA. XD
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #17 
KadenJames

We've had all kinds of escape artists around here.

My brother once had a hamster named "Pedro." He somehow got out one night, and we searched high and low and could not find him. One night I was lying in my bed trying to get to sleep, and I head something chewing on the inside of the wall near my head. We ended up drilling a hole in the wall and laying out cheese, and taking shifts waiting for him to crawl out.

We also had a guinea pig baby escape just yesterday. My man was holding his favorite one, named "Smudge," and she was being the sweetest, calmest little thing ever. That is, until he went to put her back in her cage. She leapt at just the right moment and high-tailed it under the couch. You should have seen the two of us trying to corral her and shifting the couch here and there. xD

On a side note, I HATE HERMIT CRABS. When I was probably 12 or 13, I was "petting" mine, and out of nowhere it latched onto my finger. It was quite a sight, me hysterically bawling and running around with a crab attached to my finger, my mom frantically Googling "Hermit Crab Pinch Release Tips." Never again will I go near one. x_x
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #18 
Bombalurina

My rats anti-escape - I put them on the ground, they decide they can't be bothered and amble back to their cage!

The younger 4 boys like to explore the kitchen, though. Once, unbeknownst to us, Darty had climbed in the dishwasher, and someone shut him in! I was frantically looking around the kitchen for about ten minutes when I opened it up, and there he was, with sauce on his bottom and a very sorry-for-himself look on his chubby little face.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #19 
AquaNinJa

My robo hamster Woody, don't even start with him xD I have an glass tank with a screen on top of it as the cage. One time he balanced on top of the wheel and managed to push up the screen and got out! This only happened once because I got rid of the wheel xD. I realized when all 3 of my cats were trying to get into my bathroom that something was up. My friend was taking a shower in my room and my bathroom is connected. I guess my cats saw him go under the crack of the door... Oh well, my friend had a pleasent surprise when she got out of the shower(;
AquaNinJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:57 AM   #20 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
me and my brother used to have 2 "male" hamsters. one turned out to be female and killed hte male since my parents kept them in 1 cage the whole time. the female got pregnant, killed the male
That is why it's not recommended to keep syrians together.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote