Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #61 
Sakura8

Martinismommy, thank you for the input from the breeder's side. I agree with you that her fish are gorgeous. (Were any of them at the Santa Clara show?)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #62 
betta lover1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I'm actually surprised none of mine bit their fins during transit :) My crowntail does get upset easily though and he sulked for a week It's just how it is. And I LOVE the person I get mine from! Curteous, friendly, and brings in some decent quality fish.
me too,
just saying hodiggity is a GREAT SHIPPER she gave me a LONG i mean long finned female, without a scratch!
but i just bought a HMPK hopefully she comes in fine

and yes BBs fish are absolutely gorgeous, i would kill for one (if i had to) lol. you gotta love her metallic's though, a beautiful 180 spread on females and yes not EVERY fish from breeder's will be ABSOLUTELY perfect, a few tears, a few little mis-haps. so what? a betta is a betta, we rescue betta fish from stores that have spine mess-ups or scale deformations many times. maybe a breeder had one ONCE that shouldn't be a prob.
besides BBs betta's are amazing even the slightest mess up

Last edited by betta lover1507; 05-14-2012 at 06:45 PM.
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #63 
Sena Hansler

Same here - I received a long finned VT female and there wasn't a bite on her pretty purple/red fins <3

Well personally I would rather sell culls then kill them. Unless they were going to always be sick, in pain, dying, etc :) So I applaud any breeder who sells culls, who are not their best - I would keep my best to breed, the rest sold.
Sena Hansler is online now   Reply With Quote