Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #41 
ANHEL123

Don't know what possibly could happened. How is he doing? You giving him 2 tsp/gall right? Do you still have thermometer in his tank to monitor the temperature?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #42 
MyRainbowBettaFish

he might have ich which is a very contagious disease where the fish appear to be dusted in salt. Quarantine him immediately.

Good luck!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #43 
Atena

Thanks but I already know he has ich and he is on day 8 if treatment ... but throughout the treatment he has been an active and happy fish.
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #44 
ANHEL123

Atena, i gOt worried you wrote yesterday that he got lethargic and didn’t eat. So he is not lethargic anymore? Did he eat this morning?

Last edited by ANHEL123; 05-15-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #45 
Atena

He ate a little. Still quiet but I think a little better. I am still worried thigh. I am finding I have a tendency to worry though.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #46 
Shadyr

I feel the same way - I bonked my daughter's betta Indigo with the water change cup cause he was coming up to look at it as I was putting it in. (Mind you, this was the emergency water change happening after we accidentally turned his water into swamp soup) Seems like I knocked a scale or two on his back off, and I've been fretting about it ever since.

Day 3 of AQ salt and warm water for us too! Good luck, and I hope Guppy is on the mend.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #47 
ANHEL123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atena View Post
He ate a little. Still quiet but I think a little better. I am still worried thigh. I am finding I have a tendency to worry though.
Keep eye on him. I really don't expect him to get lethargic or stop eating. It shouldn't happen. Just want to make sure you do 2 tsp/gall right?
Old 05-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #48 
ANHEL123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyr View Post
I feel the same way - I bonked my daughter's betta Indigo with the water change cup cause he was coming up to look at it as I was putting it in. (Mind you, this was the emergency water change happening after we accidentally turned his water into swamp soup) Seems like I knocked a scale or two on his back off, and I've been fretting about it ever since.

Day 3 of AQ salt and warm water for us too! Good luck, and I hope Guppy is on the mend.
You know it actually happened to me too. I did it by accident i bonked betta with water. I poured it on his head. Next day he has white fuzzy patches just like fungus on his head and then it spread to the gills. I couldn't believe it. I thought my fish has fungus which usually never happen to my bettas because I keep them in low temperature 74*. Because i think the warmer the temp the more chance of the fungus. So I was surprised. To make long story short it was slime coat from the i guess damage... He cleared pretty fast.

I wrote it because it was interesting. Really looked like fungus.

Also if your fish active and eating, and didnít develop any other physical symptoms I think he could be fine just with extra water changes.

Do you know right instructions for aquarium salt treatment? It is really important to do right dosage and duration. Not-therapeutic dosage might not help and can limit it ability to work for treatment when needed.

Good luck.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #49 
Atena

Yes, 5 tsp for my 2.5 gallon.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #50 
Atena

Should I start tapering off the meds?

The salt alone should be enough to finish the treatment right?