Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #81 
Creat

Bad news I think I found ick on some fry there are little white dots maybe 1-2 on about 6 fry there is aq salt in the water and they went through a 1/4 water change today is there anything else I can add like a smaller dose of ick treatment i have never had this problem and I am freaking out DX
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #82 
Timberland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
Thanks guys it just means that I will end up keeping a male from the spawn which isnt to bad :P And good news I managed to grow bbs (Yay! they lived ) and the fry just got their first feeding of them :)
Edit: Also good news I have only found one dead fry so far and it looked like it had somehow attached itself to a leaf and couldnt get to the surface.
Another option you can try is the shell free brine shrimp if you are having issues w hatching. Then you dont have to worry about the nasty shells and the hatch faster as well. http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/She...-Egg-c202.html After they hatch I just turn the air down a little and they live for a couple of days, altho I do have 2 going 24 hrs apart.

Just thought I would throw that out there. I got some and its soooo much easier now. What else are you feeding them? I do micro worms, bbs, kens micro crumble (at around 4 weeks I start introducing dry foods) and I also give them grindal worms when they get a little bigger. :)
Timberland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #83 
Timberland

Quote:
Bad news I think I found ick on some fry there are little white dots maybe 1-2 on about 6 fry there is aq salt in the water and they went through a 1/4 water change today is there anything else I can add like a smaller dose of ick treatment i have never had this problem and I am freaking out DX
Oh no! Ive never had ick before on bettas so I hope someone else out there can help you out! Idk maybe cut the reg dose into 1/4 dose? Do you have any aquarisol?

Okay so I read this online:

Raise the temperature to 85-86, but do it over 2-3 days or more or the fish could be shocked. You could ad salt, but Im not sure if you need to. The microscopic ich "tomites" will not be able to grow and take hold in 85 degree water, and the visible ones will have a slightly shorter lifespan, The temperature needs to be up for 2-3 weeks total, then lower it slowly over 2-3 days again If the ich is cured.
Adding the salt will help them build a strong stress coat so that they are less prone to ich.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Timberland; 05-15-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Timberland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #84 
Creat

I have been looking for the shell less kind :p and i also do micro worms cause they are super easy and when they get bigger chopped bloodworms and what ever else i can get my hands on. And i the temp is at 80-82 being raised and there is salt in the water to prevent this :/
... i added more i also got the new maracide but i am afraid to use meds...
Old 05-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #85 
jeffegg2

Cool

shine a light on them, are they coverd with like a dust? That is velvet, not ick.

The only cure I ever did for ick was by using a diatom filter and removing all the ick in it's free swimming stage using the filter...

All meds ever did for me was quicken their demise.

Jeff.
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #86 
Creat

I put in <1ml for 5 gal its recommended for full size fish 1ml per gal. Where did you get your diatom filter?
Old 05-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #87 
Creat

Edit: I put in <2.5ml for 5 gal its recommended for full size fish 1ml per gal I am adding through drip system. I am pretty sure it is ick I have never actually seen velvet before... but this is just little white dots not a gold dusting look. I see dots on about 1/2 of the fry when I look at them however they are not clamped and are eating normal. Where did you get your diatom filter?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #88 
Curlyfatbottom

What the temp?

I use quick cure.
Seem to work out for me
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #89 
jeffegg2

That was years ago...

Here is one on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Marineland-PC0...7213960&sr=8-1

Dang! I just ordered one. My wifes gona freak!! hehe.

Quote:
I put in <1ml for 5 gal its recommended for full size fish 1ml per gal. Where did you get your diatom filter?

Last edited by jeffegg2; 05-16-2012 at 07:27 PM.
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #90 
Creat

Water temp is 80-82 degrees.
And oh my gosh my next pay check is so going there....