Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #21 
Leighla

Went into Wal-mart today, and stopped by to see if there were any bettas worthwhile, and to my surprise, all bettas, and even the other fish had clean tanks, and all looked alive. I don't even think I saw one single dead fish. I did see a betta that was still alive but swimming/floating on his side, he was either orange, or a very pale sickly red, maybe bloat or a disease? Anyways, they all looked pretty good, and overall I was pleased with what I saw, except for the fact that the bettas probably could've used a water change, although it wasn't horrible. Other than that, I still wasn't happy that all of the fish in tanks, tetra, mollies, gold fish, gourami etc etc were still feeding on those weekend/vacation feeder tablet thing-ah-ma-jigs.
Leighla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #22 
a123andpoof

My walmart has its up and downs. I have gone in there and the cups were filthy and fish were rotting in cups. Right now they have a great person working there. The last time I was there I saw one dirty cup. Otherwise the last month or so the fish have been well cared for.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:19 AM   #23 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBlue View Post
But until you get someone to care. If you have the nerve, which I do. Go open a bottle of the betta water they sell for them. Walk to the sink. Empty out most of the dirty water. Refill with their betta water. Put lid back on. Grab another betta. Repeat. I have done this three or four times. No one notices or cares. I told the manager i did this. Really what can he do?

Sometimes you just have to DO.....
What if someone buys the bottles that you have just filled with ammonia-filled water and tries to use it on their home tank? If no-one notices or care, that could easily happen.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #24 
Psylk87

I could be wrong but the way I read it she just leaves the bottles she uses empty after filling the Betta cups with clean water. I didnt get the impression she replaced any of the water in the bottles.
Psylk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #25 
Bombalurina

Oh, right. That's cool. Still technically theft, though, and therefore illegal.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:00 AM   #26 
SamJustice

lol.
Walmart doesn't care.
I've seen people walk out with those huge people sized stuff animals... And no one stopped them.

I suppose they can afford it 'cause all the cheap over-seas labor.

My walmart's fish guy quit (he now works at one of the jacks) and so now... the fish look horrible. V.V
SamJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #27 
BeckyFish97

It's just sick that they can't just do 1 water change!!!Bombalurina it's not theft, because she's not taking it from the store, she is using it to maintain the conditions of the fish that are suffering under the shops lack of care, if anything she should be payed for doing that job, she doesn't have to do it, but she still does, the fact is, they're neglecting the fish, and if they want to pick at it and call it theft, then they can deal with the complaints that they end up with!!!
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #28 
SamJustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyFish97 View Post
It's just sick that they can't just do 1 water change!!!Bombalurina it's not theft, because she's not taking it from the store, she is using it to maintain the conditions of the fish that are suffering under the shops lack of care, if anything she should be payed for doing that job, she doesn't have to do it, but she still does, the fact is, they're neglecting the fish, and if they want to pick at it and call it theft, then they can deal with the complaints that they end up with!!!
^This
And true
Quote:
theft n. the generic term for all crimes in which a person intentionally and fraudulently takes personal property of another without permission or consent and with the intent to convert it to the taker's use (including potential sale). In many states, if the value of the property taken is low (for example, less than $500) the crime is "petty theft," but it is "grand theft" for larger amounts, designated misdemeanor, or felony, respectively. Theft is synonymous with "larceny." Although robbery (taking by force), burglary (taken by entering unlawfully), and embezzlement (stealing from an employer) are all commonly thought of as theft, they are distinguished by the means and methods used, and are separately designated as those types of crimes in criminal charges and statutory punishments. (See: larceny, robbery, burglary, embezzlement)
So, by that, because she is using it for the store that owns it, she is not stealing.

XD

loop-holes. lol. XD
SamJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #29 
BeckyFish97

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamJustice View Post
^This
And true

So, by that, because she is using it for the store that owns it, she is not stealing.

XD

loop-holes. lol. XD

Haha, loopholes!!!genius!!!whoever invented them must be very rich by now!!!
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #30 
teeneythebetta

I know, it is really sad. I check on them every time I'm at walmart...

They LOVE to stack the cups on top of each other and deprive the bottom betta of oxygen! So I scoot over their merchandise and make room for the cups... Once I found one with a cracked cup in 1 inch of water. I took him to a lady that worked there and she took care of him...

Poor bettas :(
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conditions, dead fish, fish, poor health, wal-mart fish