Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #1 
Sheldon31

New betta home :)

Inside my near completed betta tank.

What do ya think?!
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Seems to have nice decorations!!!:D
But, doesn't the Guru Statue take alot of space?
It looks really big from my view.
Besides that, it's really nice!!!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #3 
Cattitude

I like the east asian theme, and the pebbles. I don't mind the big statue, it fills up empty space in the upper part of the tank.
Cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:38 AM   #4 
Sheldon31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattitude View Post
I like the east asian theme, and the pebbles. I don't mind the big statue, it fills up empty space in the upper part of the tank.
That's why I got him. He adds some height to the tank. I'm gonna switch the Anacharis and cabomba for some silk plants because my lighting isn't going to support plants I don't think :( What sort of silk plants will go with it? I'm gonna get some nano moss balls to go in the little vase. I love all things asian. South Korea and Japan I would love to visit one day so I went with the Buddhist theme. I've thought about taking the Buddha out and putting him behind the tank itself if it does cause problems for the fish with swimming room and replacing it with something else Buddhist themed.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #5 
Cattitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon31 View Post
That's why I got him. He adds some height to the tank. I'm gonna switch the Anacharis and cabomba for some silk plants because my lighting isn't going to support plants I don't think :( What sort of silk plants will go with it? I'm gonna get some nano moss balls to go in the little vase. I love all things asian. South Korea and Japan I would love to visit one day so I went with the Buddhist theme. I've thought about taking the Buddha out and putting him behind the tank itself if it does cause problems for the fish with swimming room and replacing it with something else Buddhist themed.

See if you can find plastic bonsai (I've never seen them in silk) or bamboo (may come in silk). Even hair grasses would go along with your theme.

RE the marimo moss balls - I have quite a collection in my various small tanks. As long as the vase provides adequate water circulation you should be ok. Just remember to turn them regularly or they get flat spots and white spots.
Cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #6 
Sheldon31

I found a lush bonsai tree which had silk cherry blossom on it but it was a bit sharp at the ends :(