Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #31 
Lynntastic

This thread has been really helpful since I don't have anything to entertain my betta right now. He looks so bored darting around his tank, and I really don't have a hiding spot for him at the moment. I know what to look for now.

I'd have to look at the measurements again, but I really want to get this piece as a hide spot I just think it might look HUGE in the little 2.5 gallon aquarium. (It's also about 30USD before shipping, so I'm not too sure about that either, hehe)

Last edited by Lynntastic; 05-17-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Lynntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #32 
lelei

Talking

Interesting about the Betta "Hammock" when I first got it for our "Sammy" he didn't notice it, and I took it out, after changing the water, I put it back in, and re-arranged his plants (silk) and he now takes to it more often, (see in avatar)

I also have a Sponge-bob hide a way for him, he uses it every now and again, or only when I am not watching..lol

I am looking to add some real plants to his tank, soon to blend in with the silk ones, that he absolutely loves to hide and play in.

I found out last night, that if you show a "Picture" or "Video" of another fish, Your betta might Flare like you never seen before, I tried that and by accident found out he went wild and flared so big..and it was a riot, I have never tried the mirror, that is next along with the log I have heard great things about the "Floating Log"

I have also talked to sammy so much.. and he is so aware of our habits, that he knows my voice, and waits for me to come to the tank, I kiss him through the tank, and he watches tv.. and watches me watch tv, because he is right next to the couch... and he responds to the slightest movement and gets very xited when I or my daughter come near
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #33 
lelei

In stock

(8)

6.5" tall spongebob's pineapple house fish tank ornament

www.amazon.com/KollerCraft-AQUARIUS-AquaView-Aquarium...

This is the Aquarium we have

I have this one in our 3 gal tank, and it's cylindrical Higher, for tall plants:)
Old 05-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #34 
True Indigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndih70 View Post
True Indigo...I love that 2 story hidey hole! Where did you find that?? I also love reading about the interaction you have with your Betta. I do the same things with mine. I thought I was crazy to think he was responding to my voice or my toying and playing with him at the side of his tank. Nice to know I'm not the only one out there who really and truly believes he interacts with me!! ;)
Really glad to hear it! As for where I found it, I found it at a PetSmart that my sister works at: http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=4368172

I was able to find the product for you. It was cheap but well worth it. Probably one of the best decorations I've seen.
True Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #35 
Cyndih70

Lynntastic...I looked at the dimensions of the product you posted and it does look like it might be a little too big for such a small tank. You might want to look at something smaller. Lelei....I'm the same way with my little boy. He sits right here on a table next to my love seat and the slightest bit of movement from me, or my husband getting up and walking around and he just follows you around. I'm always coming right up on his tank and touching my nose to it or give him little kisses and he just flutters around with excitement.
True Indigo - thanks for the post. Gonna get online and order one right now!! I LOVE IT!
Cyndih70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #36 
Hopeseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynntastic View Post
This thread has been really helpful since I don't have anything to entertain my betta right now. He looks so bored darting around his tank, and I really don't have a hiding spot for him at the moment. I know what to look for now.

I'd have to look at the measurements again, but I really want to get this piece as a hide spot I just think it might look HUGE in the little 2.5 gallon aquarium. (It's also about 30USD before shipping, so I'm not too sure about that either, hehe)
WANT!!!!!! I like that ornament!!!!
Hopeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #37 
newbetta22

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...1&pcatid=21411

I got this cave from Dr. Foster and Smith (the smallest one on the page--and I clipped off the plastic plant) and my betta LOVES it! Often when I walk by the tank looks deserted, but if I wait long enough he'll come lurking out of the opening. :D He's seemed a lot more content since getting this nice hiding place. It's also quite a bit bigger than it appears in the pic, but fits in my 5.5 gallon nicely.
newbetta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #38 
lelei

Ooh..yes..i like that cave..:)..gotta log on when I get home to order it thanks for showin that pic:)
Old 05-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #39 
True Indigo

Really glad you like it. It's one of the best looking ornaments I've seen. ^_^

And I love how this thread is going. I definitely want that cave too!
True Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote