Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #351 
nel3

i have a question about the 6'' magnetic gecko mushroom ledge i have. its 2/3 up in the front right corner of the terrarium. i havent seen the gecko use it that much but he has often stuck to the hygrometer in the top left corner. he's using the hygrometer as a perch. i read that geckoes get stressed when their habitat gets rearranged. should i move the gecko ledge to the other side or leave it as is?
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:18 AM   #352 
LionCalie

To be honest, I don't think moving the mushroom ledge around is going to cause your gecko to be stressed. Completely rearranging his enclosure would be a different story. So I say go ahead and move it. He may prefer it in a different location.

Here is the juvie I adopted off Craigslist. He dove right in when I placed a capful of Crested Gecko Diet in front of him. He has half a tail and definitely needs a few good meals. He has the most awesome personality though!

LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #353 
nel3

thank you Lioncalie. ive moved the ledge and i'll see if he takes to it.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #354 
myfishjayne

Talking Simon.

Hehe. Simon is not a human. He is a Blue Tongue skink that is at least 15 years old (I think?). We don't know the age, or the gender, of him. So... Yeah.

He looks kinda pitiful in that picture. :P
Attached Images

myfishjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #355 
betta lover1507

awesome :D
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #356 
myfishjayne

He is hugeeee.
He tried to bite me the other day ;-; Guess he was hungry.
I was changing his water, and he seemed curious about me...
I put my fingers a few inches away. So, he was like;
*Lick* *lick* Mmm... Yummy....... *CHOMP*
Luckily, I pulled my hand out in time.
That would've been PAINFUL!
Old 05-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #357 
copperarabian

I'm going to be getting a ball python :D I had one before, but it ended sadly. While he was still kept in my brothers room(he was originally my brothers) he escaped his cage and went missing for 3 months, I had given up on him and thought he got out of the house and died, then one day he appeared in my brothers room, and we thought he must of been in the wall(there was a little hole for the cable wires.). I had him for a few more years, he became aggressive and unpredictable and I was bitten so many times until I finally stopped handling him. I ended up giving him to a friend mine who wanted to try re-taming him but he didn't change.

I was a little nervous about getting a new snake, and after talking to my friend who knows a lot about snakes and tried to re-tame Taurus we decided I needed to get a snake that was used to being handled.

I found this girl a few days later on Craigslist, she's a pastel ball python born early 2011. I'm going to pick her up on sunday, I have to drive 2 hours and 103 miles away to get her O.O So far but it will be worth it. I might let my friend breed her once she's bigger to her spider ball python.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #358 
nel3

i like the blue tongued skinks alot, mostly cause their toungue is blue. that aside they're not the nicest looking lizards but the dark scaly look makes them resemble dinosaurs. i do find such type of lizard interesting. id like to have one though the timing and circumstances didnt come along. i started with a KK for my crested due to easy care with no previous equipement for a skink. so far the only thing that i have for a skink is a 6' heat lamp. i got the heat lamp with the exoterra and stump that was inteneded for my crested.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #359 
myfishjayne

Hehehe.
It's amazing, Simon actually responds to you when you walk in! You can handle him to, however I've not done so alot. I want to start though.

Oh! PRetty snake! =)
Shame he went wild. :--/
Old 05-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #360 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfishjayne View Post
Hehehe.
It's amazing, Simon actually responds to you when you walk in! You can handle him to, however I've not done so alot. I want to start though.

Oh! PRetty snake! =)
Shame he went wild. :--/
It was a shame, but now that I'm older I'm going to make sure the same mistake won't happen with her :)
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote