Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #361 
myfishjayne

Yay! :D I've been thinking about a snake... or a turtle...or another betta. I don't know. :/
myfishjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #362 
betta lover1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
I'm going to be getting a ball python :D I had one before, but it ended sadly. While he was still kept in my brothers room(he was originally my brothers) he escaped his cage and went missing for 3 months, I had given up on him and thought he got out of the house and died, then one day he appeared in my brothers room, and we thought he must of been in the wall(there was a little hole for the cable wires.). I had him for a few more years, he became aggressive and unpredictable and I was bitten so many times until I finally stopped handling him. I ended up giving him to a friend mine who wanted to try re-taming him but he didn't change.

I was a little nervous about getting a new snake, and after talking to my friend who knows a lot about snakes and tried to re-tame Taurus we decided I needed to get a snake that was used to being handled.

I found this girl a few days later on Craigslist, she's a pastel ball python born early 2011. I'm going to pick her up on sunday, I have to drive 2 hours and 103 miles away to get her O.O So far but it will be worth it. I might let my friend breed her once she's bigger to her spider ball python.
She is beautiful! she has lot's of blush on her
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #363 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfishjayne View Post
Hehehe.
It's amazing, Simon actually responds to you when you walk in! You can handle him to, however I've not done so alot. I want to start though.

Oh! PRetty snake! =)
Shame he went wild. :--/
lol, too bad my gecko doesnt show the same enthusiasm as simon. i can handle the gecko pretty well, he's used to it. cant say ive dared to check his calcium sacs, too afraid i might hurt him or stress him out. though i do have 5 betta which gladly greet me anytime of the day.

i wouldnt mind a skink but they need a pretty large cage and they're on the higher side price wise. though that means nothing if you dont have some place to put the tank i the first place. how much pain can come from a skink bite? my cresty has done so 4 times already and its from food confusion thinking i had some crickets for him.

Last edited by nel3; 05-17-2012 at 09:27 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #364 
betta lover1507

that's what happened to pursey... before he was given away...
Old 05-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #365 
myfishjayne

I have no idea. Simon has never bitten me. He's tried (*Cough* *Cough* he was hungry *cough* *cough*), but I've managed to pull my hand away in time.

O_O I just realized I forgot to feed him. My poor boyo! ;-;

We got him for free from a friend of my dad's a long while ago.
We also had gotten a beautiful little gecko, think Geico Gecko. I swear, it's the same one.
Sadly, he died many years ago, his name was Jimmy.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #366 
nel3

if im correct he's a green anole, those are very nice ones but skiddish from what i read. i do like the fact that simon could rest on an arm without trying to run or jump off it at any chance unlike a crested. i still like the medium sized one if 10inch max qualifies. easier to house smaller lizards than the larger ones.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #367 
myfishjayne

Yeahhhh.

Jimmy used to LOVE getting out of his cage. I was young then. Loved chasing him around. "Mommy, he's on the wall!!!"

Ah... good times...

Yes, it's much easier to have a house for a small lizard. :P Simon has this really big tank. It's nice.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:09 AM   #368 
NoahG

Actually, the Geico Gecko looks more to be a type of Day Gecko -- there's several different kinds though, and most people seem to think he's kind of a combination or stylized version of a Day Gecko. Saw one of these at Petco: really neat little guy.

Anoles are neat as well, but apparently prefer to be in groups. They're also not recommended to be handled from what I've read, though I had several as a kid that I handled all the time...not that I provided what was needed as a kid: I didn't know better than what the pet store said. They actually require a bit more care than they seem they would given how common they are (though not near the extent that a true chameleon would require).

Day Geckos, or at least the ones I've read about, aren't recommended to be handled much either. But, again, really neat geckos.
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #369 
betta lover1507

my brother has a open 40 gallon tank, so he is thinking about a gecko, there nice and all, but am not sure about another animal in the house o.o what we already have like 21 pets here >.>"
Old 05-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #370 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahG View Post
Actually, the Geico Gecko looks more to be a type of Day Gecko -- there's several different kinds though, and most people seem to think he's kind of a combination or stylized version of a Day Gecko. Saw one of these at Petco: really neat little guy.

Anoles are neat as well, but apparently prefer to be in groups. They're also not recommended to be handled from what I've read, though I had several as a kid that I handled all the time...not that I provided what was needed as a kid: I didn't know better than what the pet store said. They actually require a bit more care than they seem they would given how common they are (though not near the extent that a true chameleon would require).

Day Geckos, or at least the ones I've read about, aren't recommended to be handled much either. But, again, really neat geckos.
that makes sense, marketing is usually stylised and misinformative given certain conditions of the company and other affiliates. i dont mind Anloes but they seem to be short lived animals compared to cresties. feel free to correct me if im wrong about their life span. they're still very nice looking though i do prefer the slower lizards. the cresties can be quick but i find its workable if you're prepared for it given they're just running.