Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2012, 02:00 AM   #1 
KasaraWolf

Whats Wrong With Him?

There is this magnificent Crowntail at my local pet store, he's a strange metallic blue with some red on his fins and a cream stripe down the middle of his face. I almost bought him, but instead, I bought my white Crowntail, Gabriel. But, being me, I did frequent checks on him to see if he had gotten bought.

Well, 2 weeks later, he was still there sadly :/ I kept putting him in a place with the other Betta's so he would get recognized with this other beautiful Crowntail, but the workers keep putting him back on the shelf in the front of the store where people don't really notice them behind the newer shipments.

I went there Wednesday and he was fine, kinda sad and not his hyperactive self like he was 2 weeks back. Went today and he was covered in black spots.

I do not have any pictures, because my camera is currently battery drained.

What do you think is wrong with him? I feel absolutely horrible for him and was possibly thinking of going and getting him.
KasaraWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:30 AM   #2 
AdamMZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasaraWolf View Post
...he's a strange metallic blue with some red on his fins and a cream stripe down the middle of his face.
That stripe shows that it was stress. (Does it have long or short fins? If it's short, then it's a 'she'.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasaraWolf View Post
Went today and he was covered in black spots.
That, well I don't know. But you should buy it IF it's not sick.
AdamMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #3 
Kim

Are the spots on his body or just the fins? Sounds like dead tissue- possibly caused by a bacteria, although I can't really say more without a picture.

I'd probably take him...but I'm a sucker for suffering animals.
Kim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #4 
KasaraWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamMZ View Post
That stripe shows that it was stress. (Does it have long or short fins? If it's short, then it's a 'she'.)

That, well I don't know. But you should buy it IF it's not sick.

It's definitely not a stress stripe, I know one when I see one XDD That's just his color pattern on his face. And its also definitely a male XD

I tend to always buy the ailing fish there XD Either that or notify the staff that he needs this and this and they do just that XDD
Old 05-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #5 
KasaraWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
Are the spots on his body or just the fins? Sounds like dead tissue- possibly caused by a bacteria, although I can't really say more without a picture.

I'd probably take him...but I'm a sucker for suffering animals.

It's all over his body, it looks horrible D: It just looks like suddenly he wanted to be a dalmatian. I will see if he is still there today and either try to buy him, or take a picture.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #6 
MollyJean

Never heard of that.. I say get him, bring him home, fix him up and show him off. If you can't keep him, at least you can find him a good home here.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #7 
littlegreen

Bring that baby home!!!
littlegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #8 
Tazo

It's pretty rare in freshwater fish, but it sounds like Black Spot to me... It comes from snails, and I had an outbreak of it in a fancy goldfish tank once before :P.

It's actually pretty easy to treat... just aq salt and time. Apparently time itself works too! I'd say get him, nobody else will in that condition
Tazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #9 
AdamMZ

Okay, so just get him! I want to see him.
AdamMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #10 
lelei

I am with ya on this.. I experienced the same dilemma, and I saw a few that I want so badly to save.. very depressed I could not sadly..not today anyway.. but I am gonna try next week, I hope I am not too late, In our local Petco, I saw beautiful Ct's and V/T's and Kings,..waht a choice to save the King's especially cuz they cannot barely move.. very sad..:(
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote