Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #11 
SamJustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3wport View Post
Sigh, when your last fish dies it makes you rethink if you want to keep another tank around...
I got my first from walmart. He died within days. I was horribly upset. I emptied the tank, was ready to get rid of it. But I went into walmart to get something. Strolled by the bettas on the way to the dog food. And Little Johnny caught my eye. So I got him. He died about 3 days later. My boyfriend convinced me not to give up. The fish from walmart were sick (even the tretras his mom got died). So when I went down to Jack's aquarium to get the angel fish for my M.I.L.'s mother's day gift, I spotted Raph. Called my house and had my boyfriend clean the tank. Picked him up. (Thankfully the guys at Jacks had just cleaned his water before I grabbed him) Got home, re-set-up the tank. Went down the next day looking for another plant for his tank and spotted Rev. Dug into my savings for him. XD
The two of them are doing good. Raph's getting a tank upgrade to a Marina Biowheel. ^.^
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyjoe View Post
5 gallon tanks aren't horribly expensive, so you could give it away, but I would suggest giving yourself some time before you make up your mind; the pain is still too fresh.
Really. Give yourself about a week or so before deciding. =3
It'll be okay. ^.^

Heck, even put the tank up and keep it. 'Cause maybe one day you'll walk by a betta and fall in love.

And, I'm sorry you lost the little guy.
At least he was loved and spent his last moments in his favorite spot.
SamJustice is offline   Reply With Quote