Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #11 
True Indigo

Oops I made an initial response to the wrong person thinking it was you (skimmed to quickly of what was said hahaha).

Anyway, as I look through the pictures, it's hard to tell where there might be a split. Could you possibly say which fin or fins the split appears? He looks healthy though. :)
True Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #12 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
I was finally able to upload pics to an album, I would appreciate if someone could look through them and let me know what you think. Off to change the water, must keep him clean!
Doesn't look that bad, keep the water clean and add stress coat
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #13 
Mariposa

It looks more like fraying is what I think. The top fin has 3 sections of fin separate from the rest of his fin in the back. The bottom has the same in the back and it almost seems like the bottom long ones have one split too. I hadn't noticed any of those when I first put him in. He is starting to look like a crowntail!
Mariposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #14 
Mariposa

Thank you! Should I buy stress coat? Currently using Nutrafin aqua plus for water changes which claims to coat fins and scales
Old 05-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #15 
Mariposa

Blaze is doing very well and is happy and healthy though I still see the torn fins. I believe that it is from over-flaring now that I have been observing him. I came home from a walk with my dog and had left my purse in front of the tank. When I went to get it, I noticed that Blaze was very busy showing my purse who the boss is, flaring at it! Its a black and white purse you silly betta! thanks for all your help!