Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #1 
lilyth88

Cool Gandalf got an UPGRADE!

Okay...okay... so it was only a half gallon upgrade... but it's an upgrade none-the-less!

I cannot express in words my utter hatred for the Mini-Bow 2.5 tank. Gandalf has lived in it since we got him and my list of complaints about it are endless.

That being said... I was at Petsmart today to pick up some Prime when I started browsing tanks. (I did also see an AMAZING white and red dragon half-moon - but I restrained myself from purchasing him ) Anyway... so I am looking at tanks and I see the tank that we currently house Chronos in... and it's on sale! With a call to my boyfriend, I get the go-ahead to purchase the 3 gallon for Gandalf. Now my beautiful boys live in twin tanks.

I moved Chronos to the left because his heater cord is shorter and the power strip is on that side. On the right is Gandalf's new tank. (They are not cloudy....at all... I am not sure why they look slightly cloudy in the picture. They are crystal clear in person:

Here is a view of just Gandalf's new tank:

Chronos' Tank:
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #2 
teeneythebetta

Aww! I bet he is happy!!

In chrono's tank- what is the plant between the pineapple and the terra-cotta pot? It is live, right? I'm going to remodel my tank with a natural theme and I'm looking at plants I like, but I'm not familiar with many aquatic plants.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #3 
SamJustice

If I'm right, it's anacharis.
I've got as few in both of my boy's tanks
SamJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #4 
CaseyA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyth88 View Post
Okay...okay... so it was only a half gallon upgrade... but it's an upgrade none-the-less!

I cannot express in words my utter hatred for the Mini-Bow 2.5 tank. Gandalf has lived in it since we got him and my list of complaints about it are endless.

That being said... I was at Petsmart today to pick up some Prime when I started browsing tanks. (I did also see an AMAZING white and red dragon half-moon - but I restrained myself from purchasing him ) Anyway... so I am looking at tanks and I see the tank that we currently house Chronos in... and it's on sale! With a call to my boyfriend, I get the go-ahead to purchase the 3 gallon for Gandalf. Now my beautiful boys live in twin tanks.

I moved Chronos to the left because his heater cord is shorter and the power strip is on that side. On the right is Gandalf's new tank. (They are not cloudy....at all... I am not sure why they look slightly cloudy in the picture. They are crystal clear in person:
Very nice!

I like my 2.5 mini-bow. If you want to sell yours shoot me a PM, I need two more (long story!)
CaseyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #5 
MyRainbowBettaFish

i am sure they are very thankful! That was nice of you!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #6 
Shadyr

While I like my mini bow (the full hood with the sunken rim makes it a good one for my cat infested household!) I LOVE that tank you got a second of. That's what my office pal Chicory has for his home. No cats that I am aware of in the office. And while it isn't really that much bigger, the design *does* make it look roomier.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #7 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Aww! I bet he is happy!!

In chrono's tank- what is the plant between the pineapple and the terra-cotta pot? It is live, right? I'm going to remodel my tank with a natural theme and I'm looking at plants I like, but I'm not familiar with many aquatic plants.
It's a fake anacharis.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #8 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyA View Post
Very nice!

I like my 2.5 mini-bow. If you want to sell yours shoot me a PM, I need two more (long story!)
I was actually planning on keeping it and using it for other purposes. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyr View Post
While I like my mini bow (the full hood with the sunken rim makes it a good one for my cat infested household!) I LOVE that tank you got a second of. That's what my office pal Chicory has for his home. No cats that I am aware of in the office. And while it isn't really that much bigger, the design *does* make it look roomier.
I do cover the feeding hole in the lid at night and when we go out so they aren't tempted to jump out. It's sleek and modern and I can see them from all angles. My one complaint would be that sometimes the filter rattles, but if I smack it (lightly) it stops. Chronos has seemed to enjoy his for awhile, so I figured I'd treat Gandalf as well.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #9 
Fluval

I've seen those tanks at PetSmart. I like their crescent shape. :3
Fluval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #10 
viviandponyo

those are the COOLEST tanks!!!!! where did u get all your decor?
viviandponyo is offline   Reply With Quote