Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #31 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh101 View Post
You're rabbit shouldn't either be upset when you pick it up... it's not adjusted right. I have no problems with my rabbits.. and I've had over 20 at a time. Many vets also don't know how to operate on them, and they are not that much work... Actually really cheap pets. And mine are healthy as can be. They are very good for beginners if you find the right breed and it's been handled well. I've had rabbits live to be over 10 years old with good care. Also depending on breed. I don't spay mine because if you keep them as only rabbit in house.. no reason to spay it? I even clip their own nails! or look into your local 4-H in Alabama, see if they have a rabbit club.
Excuse me.. Have I given you a detailed history of my rabbit? Because I don't remember sending you one. My rabbit was not bought off a breeder, she was the unfortunate victim of a backyar breeder. She lived in a commercial cage with her mother and 3 other siblings (one with a chronic broken foot) for 3 and a half months. She was let out and picked up by the kids in the house and traumatized by the dog they had. So, no I would not go on to say she is not "adjusted" right, if it wasn't for me she would be dead like her siblings most likely are.
As prey animals, rabbits are prone to go into overdrive and freak out in unfamiliar situations. I don't know if your familiar with the problem pet stores have created by selling unfixed bunnies to everybody. Cases like my unfortunate bunny are not only common, it's where most bunnies around here end up- and I'm in a small city. Nothing compared the the USA where rabbit are the third most abandoned/surrendered pet after dogs and cats. After moving from home to home, kids to mature adults some rabbits just have trust issues. As prey animals most are not "adjusted" to being picked up and most actually do not enjoy it. Not spaying them is just plain irresponsible.

Quote:
I in all my times of raising, and breeding rabbits to SHOW them.. Yes I show them. Have NEVER heard of that... they are not prone to that. Another reason even if I was a pet owner, I don't want a vet touching my rabbit because MANY are not trained nor specialized into rabbits. They feed many false information to rabbit owners.

I treat my own rabbits, and know many tricks to treating rabbit diseases. The head tilt disease, it's common, but ONLY if they come in contact with another rabbit with it. If a rabbit gets a digestive problem, stalled/blockage you feed them Pumpkin Pure from the can- 100% pumpkin. Best trick :)

Male rabbits will spray once in awhile... I don't have issues with spraying. They do not pee on you to mark territory... I have baby bunnies pee on me! It's natural. They aren't something you can train like a dog to go outside and pee... If they pee, oh well! No matter with it, bodily function :)

I really hate people giving other people false information with rabbits... They are a great pet if you know how to take care of them.
But yes, if a rabbit does get frighten they can easily break their own backs.
I saved this comment for here. Have you EVER seen a rabbit savvy vet? The chances of females devloping ovarian cancers is 85% before they reach 5 years old. They are not meant to live to 10-12 years old in the wild (bc of their prey status). As responsible pet owners we have a duty to look after them and not let them suffer. That's what advancing vet science is for.

I don't have the time to go into it now, but rationalizing it as "just having one indoors" is not a good enough reason to not have her spayed. She will most likely suffer.

I don't apologize for being blunt. I don't want to start an argument either. It's not a differing point of opinions. It's real research.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #32 
Crowntailed

Quote:
I in all my times of raising, and breeding rabbits to SHOW them.. Yes I show them. Have NEVER heard of that... they are not prone to that. Another reason even if I was a pet owner, I don't want a vet touching my rabbit because MANY are not trained nor specialized into rabbits. They feed many false information to rabbit owners.

I treat my own rabbits, and know many tricks to treating rabbit diseases. The head tilt disease, it's common, but ONLY if they come in contact with another rabbit with it. If a rabbit gets a digestive problem, stalled/blockage you feed them Pumpkin Pure from the can- 100% pumpkin. Best trick :)

Male rabbits will spray once in awhile... I don't have issues with spraying. They do not pee on you to mark territory... I have baby bunnies pee on me! It's natural. They aren't something you can train like a dog to go outside and pee... If they pee, oh well! No matter with it, bodily function :)

I really hate people giving other people false information with rabbits... They are a great pet if you know how to take care of them.
But yes, if a rabbit does get frighten they can easily break their own backs.
I have owned rabbits for many years now. Any true breeder would know for a FACT that About 80% of female rabbits will get cancer by the age of 5 if not spayed. Because your breeding rabbits you cant get them spayed and thats ok, But don't tell people to not get there rabbit spayed if they only have 1 rabbit. Because You should always find a good rabbit vet and get your rabbit fixed (unless your breeding)
Crowntailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #33 
ootfifawithbubba

we have peted them and looked at them and theyre eyes are open know so i think they see us , i wont catch one but i have held a baby
ootfifawithbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #34 
Silverfang

I know nothing about rabbits... other than that they are cute.

But I think they need to be left alone. I see adds on kijiji (the Canadian version of craigslist) for bunnies for sale, adoption all the time.

My only other comment.. is that wild animals, when their nest or young are disturbed, mommas will abandon the nest/young. I hope you will leave them alone.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #35 
ZackyBear

Yuou shouldn't be touching the baby rabbits. They are born with no smell, and if your scent rubs off on them the mother will abandon them.
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #36 
MollyJean

ootfifawithbubba, please leave the bunnies alone. Is your mother really OK with this? I have a 10 year old daughter and I would tell her flat out NO, leave the rabbits alone. Please remember.. you could hurt them really bad. Don't mess with them if you're not ready to feel guilty when you hurt them, or even kill them.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #37 
BettaHeart

MollyJean +1

im feeling a rather unpleasant feeling about this whole situation.

rest in peace little baby bunnies

Last edited by BettaHeart; 05-21-2012 at 10:31 PM.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #38 
Crowntailed

Wow.... but... your parents realy should be smart enough to tell you to leave those bunnies alone. And you should be smart enough to listen to us and step away from those bunnies.
Crowntailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #39 
SnowySurface

I know words are falling on deaf ears, but I'm just too curious...

When I read the title, I tought a bunny you already owned had surprise-babies on you and you had no idea what to do with the babies. I'm pretty sure that happens to even experienced rabbit breeders and owners. Now that I realize you saw WILD baby bunnies and thought, "I must have! O_O," my question to you is, "Why?"

Do you live in an extremely rural area that doesn't have shelters or rescue groups with available domestic bunnies?

Can you not get over the, "Aww, they're so cute. :3," effect most bunnies have on people and are now obsessed?

Have you never seen or interacted with a domestic bunny (which would make it a bit difficult for you to understand the differences between wild and domestic in terms of personality)?

I would understand your refusal to follow some of our suggestions if we were telling you, "No! No Bunnies for you!!!!" We are simply telling you that it is best to look into domestic rabbits and let the wild rabbits be free.

Why won't you leave the wild rabbits alone? T_T

Last edited by SnowySurface; 05-24-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Clarification
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad, bunny, helpme