Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-20-2012, 02:41 AM   #6141 
Emmalee01

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFynn21 View Post
Again...loving everyone's set-ups on here. Especially love the 3-D background, Ginzuishou!

I finally decided to post pictures of all my set-ups. Recently re-arranged them all. I know--they're kind of bare, but I just recently snipped some starters off my Amazon Sword, and plan to add them soon...to fill up any gaps.

(My 10 Gallon. Currenly housing only 1 male betta, Fynn. Was going to divide it, but after seeing how much this guys loves the space, he now has all of it. )

(Indie's 2.5--it's temporary. Saving for another 5 gal ).

(And...finally, Aurora's 5 gal. *After finding out they make lids for the Chi, I ordered one, so no worries*)
I love what you have done with your fluval chi- the red/pink looks neat with those white stones!
Emmalee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:52 AM   #6142 
MollyJean

My sorority for the next month. Driftwood, slate and lots of hiding places. Live plants coming in a couple days, so I hope to have some live plants in by next weekend, and get rid of those silk plants! This is temporary, though. I'm still cycling a 29 gallon and these 4 girls, plus a few more, will go in there when it's ready.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #6143 
laoshun

oooo nice setup, diggin the driftwood big rocks combo lol
laoshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #6144 
Cattitude

The daisies are cool. They have a surreal look. :3
Cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #6145 
Reaux

The 6 gal cube (custom). Home to the blue female betta Ceviche. You can see a dwarf mollie in this pic, but they've since been moved to my 55gal

2.5 gal; home to Sashimi the female betta. It does have an internal filter on it but I believe I'm going to just take it out. I haven't decided yet (I know so many say they're not needed in a tank so small but its a cheap air powered one that seems to do a good job of keeping the water clear between changes). It also has a heater and thermometer.

Last edited by Reaux; 05-20-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Reaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #6146 
MollyJean

Haha! There is a reason for the daisies!

This is Corrin and Mary Jane in a split 10 gallon. They've both been heavily damaged recently and I didn't want to risk the other girls hurting MJ even more. They're both healing very nicely.

Corrin, being gunmetal, needed a soft color to balance, and the daisies were so pretty. It seemed to work.. plus he loves resting on top of the flowers! Oh and you should see his bubble nest!

Mary Jane is green, and I thought hot pink would be a exciting contrast, more energetic, to further contrast Corrin's side that was peaceful and slow moving.

The divider is home made and really sturdy. Happy fishies!

.. er.. Oh yeah.. this is Cain. He's never chased a fish, just sits there and looks at the tank or sleeps beside it. He's crosseyed.. I don't blame him for not wanting to attack, it must be dizzying! He's been good for Corrin, who is becoming much more confident afters several successful attacks on Cain's backside and/or ears. (Or at least a few dents in the glass between them) I can just see the headlines! "Fish bites cat!"

So the daisies were leftovers and until my plants come, I didn't want the girls to have no plants at all!

I... am in a very talkative mood today.. sorry...

Last edited by MollyJean; 05-20-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #6147 
Gen2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJean View Post
Haha! There is a reason for the daisies!

This is Corrin and Mary Jane in a split 10 gallon. They've both been heavily damaged recently and I didn't want to risk the other girls hurting MJ even more. They're both healing very nicely.

Corrin, being gunmetal, needed a soft color to balance, and the daisies were so pretty. It seemed to work.. plus he loves resting on top of the flowers! Oh and you should see his bubble nest!

Mary Jane is green, and I thought hot pink would be a exciting contrast, more energetic, to further contrast Corrin's side that was peaceful and slow moving.

The divider is home made and really sturdy. Happy fishies!

.. er.. Oh yeah.. this is Cain. He's never chased a fish, just sits there and looks at the tank or sleeps beside it. He's crosseyed.. I don't blame him for not wanting to attack, it must be dizzying! He's been good for Corrin, who is becoming much more confident afters several successful attacks on Cain's backside and/or ears. (Or at least a few dents in the glass between them) I can just see the headlines! "Fish bites cat!"

So the daisies were leftovers and until my plants come, I didn't want the girls to have no plants at all!

I... am in a very talkative mood today.. sorry...
Great tanks. Where did you get those pink and yellow flowers, they're very pretty.
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #6148 
Micho

My new Fluval Edge. :)
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #6149 
Kasablanca

Here are some more of my betta tank setups.
The first picture is of Toby's tank. If you noticed I had an ADF in there but just for the night until he got rehomed the next day.
The second picture is of Berry's home. He was in a 5.5 gal but then he got fin rot so I put him in a smaller tank for a week with some aquarium salt and it cleared up right away. but I noticed he did much better in a smaller tank so he is now in a 3 gal.
The third picture is my 20gal community tank. It has 4 mickey mouse platies, 4 julii cories, 1 VT male, and 1 phantom tetra.
I will have to get pictures of my other tanks still :)
Attached Images

Kasablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #6150 
MollyJean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen2387 View Post
Great tanks. Where did you get those pink and yellow flowers, they're very pretty.
Just dollar tree silk flowers.

So I was ready to post some pics of my 29 gallon that's about half way through it's cycle... and the stand it's been on for the last 2 month broke >.< The top cracked and the tank tipped. I had to get the water out as fast as I could with buckets while a friend held up the tank... and now I have to start over.. :( At least the filter is already established. I wonder how much time that will cut off the cycle.

So.. saved the fish, emptied the tank and now I get to redecorate.. which isn't so bad, I have some good ideas!

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank