Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2012, 04:15 AM   #11 
jeffegg2
Member
 
jeffegg2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westland, Michigan
Cool

What are you going to do with 200 Veil tail bettas?

Jeff.
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #12 
Oldfishlady
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffegg2 View Post
What are you going to do with 200 Veil tail bettas?

Jeff.
See post #7.....

Sounds like you did a great job and have a plan......

I feed mainly newly hatched BBS to my fry along with all the microorganism that are already in my natural systems-This is the first year I have tried microworms and it didn't go well for me....so I must have did something wrong since so many breeders are successful using the MW....easy enough to culture, harvest...etc......

Your pic are so pretty...colorful and clear....look forward to seeing pics of the breeders....

Now the real fun begins.....lol....rearing the fry can be so rewarding and fun....just time consuming.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #13 
jeffegg2
Member
 
jeffegg2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westland, Michigan
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by toffyzorilla View Post
Aloha Oldfishlady, thank you for the welcome and advise. If successful with this batch, one of my goal is to keep some, share some to my friends and if alot survived sell them to one of the local pet store. I am planning to give them some microworms once they are free swimming, are there any other fry food that you would recommend other than microworms? I will definitely post some pictures when I have a chance to take them. Thank you again and best regards.
You can try, but I think the best you can hope for with veil tails is some credit for fish food.... I personally don't have anything against the type, but they buy them in bulk from over seas for pennys.... They only sell them to push the Betta bowls, and ornaments and stuff.....

Best of luck! Breeding Bettas is a fun hobby!
Jeff.
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #14 
toffyzorilla
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
See post #7.....

Sounds like you did a great job and have a plan......

I feed mainly newly hatched BBS to my fry along with all the microorganism that are already in my natural systems-This is the first year I have tried microworms and it didn't go well for me....so I must have did something wrong since so many breeders are successful using the MW....easy enough to culture, harvest...etc......

Your pic are so pretty...colorful and clear....look forward to seeing pics of the breeders....

Now the real fun begins.....lol....rearing the fry can be so rewarding and fun....just time consuming.....

Aloha Oldfishlady, thank you for the suggestion. I will inquire if some newly hatched BBS are available in some pet stores here. I'll used it as an alternative just in case the MW didn't work out well.

I took the pic using my phone and will share the pics of the breeder as soon as I can. You are correct, the real fun has just began. Thanks a lot for your help
toffyzorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #15 
toffyzorilla
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffegg2 View Post
You can try, but I think the best you can hope for with veil tails is some credit for fish food.... I personally don't have anything against the type, but they buy them in bulk from over seas for pennys.... They only sell them to push the Betta bowls, and ornaments and stuff.....

Best of luck! Breeding Bettas is a fun hobby!
Jeff.
Hello Jeffegg2, thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely consider this. I'm learning what will be the best breeding set-up, technique and behavior. This is my first attempt to try what I read from internet and watched from YouTube (hehehe). So that soon I can attempt to breed beautiful (and a little bit expensive- hehehe) types of Betta. Thanks a lot
toffyzorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #16 
Oldfishlady
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
For newly hatched BBS with their yolk sac intact for best nutrition....you really need to set your own hatchery up....pretty easy to hatch, harvest and feed...I like to keep 2 hatchery going 24h apart...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Father and fry? Punki Breeding Betta Fish 13 08-03-2011 10:55 AM
Sharing a father and son Dragonlady Betta Pictures 20 03-08-2011 03:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.