Betta Fish Forum banner
4M views 13K replies 2K participants last post by  Smaragdina_is_best@12345 
#1 ·
Ok, so I'm sure everyone would love to see the variety of betta tanks/bowls that we have, so post pics of yours here!:-D I have to find my camera, and then I'll get pics of my tanks :)

#5,047 ·
The THEO does heat a little higher than what it says on the dial. But once I figured out what to set it at, it's been pretty dependable. It's middle of the road in cost too.

As far as my still yet to be named lil boy....my brother got him for me as an early birthday present from PETCO in his area. He brought him down when he came home for Thanksgiving. By far, one of the coolest birthday presents ever! :D

#5,053 ·
Here is an old pic of mine, it looks different now, but I wanted to show what it used to look like

#5,055 · (Edited)
Dixie and his new tank. =D

Hey guys! So I got my fish, Dixie, from a friend last night and this morning went out and bought a whole setup for him and hopefully it's okay. It's a 5 gallon with a heater, thermometer, gravel, some plants and decorations and a filter. The only thing missing right now is the hood for the aquarium which won't be here until Wednesday. Anyway, here's a picture of my new tank, what do you think?

Edit: I just saw the post about the filter baffle so I'm gonna have to do that later on tonight when I finish my water. =)

Here are a few pictures of Dixie, hopefully his fins will start healing on their own with the right conditions.

#5,057 ·
Hehe too cute.. the tank is cute, but in the last picture his face makes him look like he's saying "Erm.. hope the boys down at the club don't see this!" Teehee.. or he could be saying "I so should of gone with the unicorn and a gnome instead.."

So cute!

#5,061 ·
where have you guys found the cheapest over 1 gal tank? Just a simple nice one, maybe a 2+ is it cheaper online or at a petstore?

#5,062 · (Edited)
#5,063 ·
Thanks! I just bought a dragonscale... only because i had a empty 1 gal at home (heehee- plus i wanted one..) I am using my ten gal for my females, so I think i should upgrade him soon. Although i promised myself I would just use the 1 gal and not spend anymore money... i can't help but think he would be happier in a little larger tank. Hes just a little boy now so I may have some time :)

#5,064 · (Edited)
Depends on whether you want a filter or not (which if you had a small tank one, you could put it on these)- if not and willing to do the 100% water changes each week, Petco has these.. Keepers. The medium is 1.75 gal, the large is 2.75 gal. No lighting... but a desk lamp of approx 40 watts and lower works perfectly- no extra heat on the tank or the water, and safe to use with a heater.
They don't look clear in the pic, but they are clear in life.

#5,065 ·
someone gave me the easiest way to upload photos to this site, as I am not very good with computers...
when you go to reply, scroll down, and click on manage attatchments... then just choose the file from your computer and ba-da-bing.... I usually drag the photos I want from iphoto onto my desktop and that makes it easy to find...

#5,066 ·
Walmart sells 2 gallon glass cookie jars that make fun and adorable homes :) I used one and gave one as a gift. I was able to run a small filter like the tetra whisper 3i in it as well as a heater easily. You can even keep the glass lid on top, so long as there's a slight crack at the top, which is easy to do when you have a heater's cord and or airline tubing from a filter :)

Theyre usually about $10, which isnt bad for a cute, thick glass tank.