Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #1 
Tazo

My New Fish, Indy!

I graduated from high school yesterday, so today we went to Petsmart to pick up my new betta! The conditions were... pretty horrible, to say the least. The cups were at least large, and there wasn't a /huge/ amount of fecal matter in any of them... but all the fish looked lethargic and depressed.

My mom thought this guy was dead, or near it, because he was sitting on the bottom of the cup not moving. But when we came near his cup he started freaking out and swimming all around! He was actually in pretty decent condition compared to the VTs we saw... but we didn't want to take home a fish on death's door. He was sold as an HM, but I'm not sure... I think he's probably a delta. I don't want to make him flare, he's had a long enough day as is...

Here he is in his cloudy cup from Petsmart:

Getting Acclimated:

The Tank (he's looking at me trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing!):

And finally, the man himself!:

These were taken over several hours since this morning xD. He wouldn't stay still, and that last shot was... pretty darn lucky, since most of the time he's been darting around looking at all his new stuff.
He ate a couple of Omega One pellets already, which is good. He's a little skinny D:, I don't know when he was last fed.
Yes, he does have a bit of a stress stripe. At first it was WAY more clear and he was faded out a lot more. I think he just needs time to get used to his new life more than anything. He's a small dude, he can't be very old...
His anal had a few little rips in it when we got him. It isn't too bad, I think it'll heal right up in his conditioned water. I have aq salt on hand, but it's not that severe. His cup water was too cold anyway.
Also, I'm not sure if that dark patch on his side is just his coloring, or something else... I'm going to keep an eye on it, but it really does just look like a marking...
Tazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #2 
Pacqui

Aww, he's a cutie and congrats on your graduation!!!
Pacqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #3 
Ramble

He's a handsome fella! I see what you mean about possibly being a Delta, but even so, he's very pretty and looks happy in his new tank.
Ramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #4 
Jessicatm137

He's so pretty! Congrats!
Jessicatm137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #5 
Tazo

Thank you guys :D. I can't wait to see what he looks like when he gets a little older.
I'm seriously amazed by how much personality he has. He is SO happy to be here instead of that cup! He keeps doing the "betta dance of happiness" xD. He's chilled out a bit more, though, and he seems to be a sweet little guy. He spends a lot of time swimming around in his plants, but he'll occasionally come up and look at us humans.
Tazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #6 
Enkil

He's very pretty! Congrats on him and graduating.
Always love their little wiggle dances. XD
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #7 
a123andpoof

He's beautiful! Congrats to! I graduate this year to! Yay!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote