Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2012, 04:30 AM   #6161 
Reaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceven View Post
I have the same little "Immortal Man" In Tenzen's tank! I have never seen another one before, I guess it is kind of snooty of me to think they made a single one and I got it lol.
Be careful with the immortal man. I had one and I loved it! But in about 2 weeks it started to get this grey/washed out color. I tried scrubbing it off and I realized it wasn't algae or anything growing on it. It had started to discolor on its own. I wasn't sure if I wanted it back in my tank or not but I cleaned it and tried it only to find the paint starting to bubble next. I immediately took it out of the tank. I haven't tossed him yet, but after sitting for a couple weeks by my sink his red color has returned. The paint has stopped bubbling. I read the reviews online for it, turns out many people had this problem. Just cant be sure its safe for fish after this :/ Which really stinks because I LOVED the way he started off in my tank. It was the neatest zen theme
Reaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #6162 
DanielaMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasablanca View Post
Here are some more of my betta tank setups.
The first picture is of Toby's tank. If you noticed I had an ADF in there but just for the night until he got rehomed the next day.
The second picture is of Berry's home. He was in a 5.5 gal but then he got fin rot so I put him in a smaller tank for a week with some aquarium salt and it cleared up right away. but I noticed he did much better in a smaller tank so he is now in a 3 gal.
The third picture is my 20gal community tank. It has 4 mickey mouse platies, 4 julii cories, 1 VT male, and 1 phantom tetra.
I will have to get pictures of my other tanks still :)
I love your first tank. Did you paint 3 sides or just the back?
DanielaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #6163 
Kasablanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielaMarie View Post
I love your first tank. Did you paint 3 sides or just the back?
Its actually just cardstock paper taped to the back :) And thank you for the compliment.
Kasablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #6164 
LaLaLeyla

LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #6165 
chibifish

I think I finally got Chibi's tank the way I want it. I got him the Spongebob house :), the betta leaf hammock, and some betta plants. Got the heater up and running and the filter baffled. Thanks to your guys' help, my betta seems to be doing great! Thanks everyone!

Last edited by chibifish; 05-26-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Forgot the add picture! XD
chibifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #6166 
FrostSinth

I redid the girls community tank. Took me a bit to get the decor right, but I really like how it looks now:
FrostSinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #6167 
Ianthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasablanca View Post
I finally was able to go through all the pages and I sure was impressed with everyones tanks! Now I want to share mine :)

^This is my newest addition to the family and he still has no name, but here is his tank.

I will post the rest later when I can find the pics I took. I have them somewhere on my computer lol
WOW!!!! My 5 year old daughter and I are IN LOVE with your tank!! Nice job! Really making me want to drag out our pink Kritter Keeper LOL!

How hard is it to keep the white stones separate from the gravel when cleaning?
Ianthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #6168 
FrostSinth

OH! and Kevin Fishers' tank and Hephaestus' tank

And some video of the big tank:
FrostSinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #6169 
Kasablanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianthe View Post
WOW!!!! My 5 year old daughter and I are IN LOVE with your tank!! Nice job! Really making me want to drag out our pink Kritter Keeper LOL!

How hard is it to keep the white stones separate from the gravel when cleaning?
Thank you :)

I just take them out and clean everything with hot water and AQ salt. I dont have a gravel vac. It takes time to clean all my tanks, but I find if I set aside time and focus on each tank I can get a great job with cleaning. I also am a great fan of the marina submersible filters. They are awesome in all my tanks 5gal or less.
Kasablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #6170 
Ianthe

Kasablanca, you have no idea how tempted I am to try to re-create that with our spare pink KK LOL! I do not think my husband would share in that temptation, however. Haha
Ianthe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank