Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #13161 
Sena Hansler

I rant about people's kids. Sometimes. A lot.... >.>

:p Sometimes I think it's too funny watching the kid do his/her own little grown up tantrums

But I also have to work somewhere where yesterday a parent wouldn't let their kid have a toy (good. not like he needs it.) and he threw a tantrum for a good 30 minutes, blood curdling screaming, shouting, yelling, kicking, hitting, red faced, etc. THAT is annoying. My niece gets mad when she can't have things but I firmly tell her NO, and if she acts up we leave. Then she is fine :p with a lil' pouting.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #13162 
BettaHeart

sorry... its just ... they are children... infants, unsteady toddlers..... i hear alot of people talk so negatively about children sometimes parents and it always makes me wonder what gives any adult the right to even feeling that way about a little baby... i do laugh when the single child's parent at the play group ronin and i attend groan about how little sleep they get or their child isnt listening to them and just goes on being distructive and making other children upset. They have only one child.... is it really that hard to firmly talk to your child about their behaviour..... sigh .... it just irks me when all the bad parents actions effect nearly every other parent that makes an effort to raise children.. its not that different then the fish we all keep and adore and ooo and aaaaa over just they are young humans just as we all are..... we are all raising steps and each step a child encounters determines how they will view the rest of humanity and this planet. .... we were all children once and most certainly hated by some random person just for that fact. thinking too much and riled up over disgusting stories such as the one involving the three babies abandoned in a shed. ...
another minor rant: Zatoichi my purple HM died last night ......
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #13163 
Sena Hansler

Well, my niece learned the same way I do. When they say "if you tell me the truth you won't get in trouble!" they're lying to you and will be FURIOUS. so, you have ZERO chance of escaping punishment when telling the truth, and a 50/50 for lying. Because I'm young, I remember that as a kid xD IT SUCKED. I also see the affect of a materliastic person bringing that onto their kids materials aren't everything. A walk doesn't mean "going to walmart" (yeah, she said that!) and no means NO
Old 05-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #13164 
dramaqueen
Banned

I hate when parents ASK their kids if they're ready to leave the pool. The answer from the kids? A resounding NO! I wouldn't ASK, I would tell the kids it's time to go.
One time my mom and I were at the mall in a candy store and this woman tells her kid, about 5 or so that it was time to go. He says "I'm still looking *expletive^.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:16 AM   #13165 
BettaHeart

that seems to be a problem in addressing a child's disruptive behaviour, not letting them understand, as you said and i believe in , no means no, a walk means a walk, spending time reading means reading. Its sad how media plays a huge part in this maniacal need to have everything attitude. Priorities have been totally disconnected from the need to co-exist peacefully with Every being on this planet. . . . Stating some kind of punishment will be dealt once arriving home and then not letting it stand is what causes the not listening in the first place..... lol sorry if my writing is confusing......

dq: i see that so much and when my kids try that on me i just simply say no we are leaving and proceed to the exit. Its better then the let the child decide between lets go when we are going to late and should we stay because i dont want to get in trouble for being too strict.
It helps my kids understand whats acceptable behaviour in public

Last edited by BettaHeart; 05-27-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #13166 
Sena Hansler

xD I ahve dealt with exasperated mothers who actually do good, then the "UGH!!"ing mothers who don't act like they care o_o or the "don't raise a hand, man" kind of women who believe sweet talk is the way to raise. It never works :/
No you are not confusing lol. For me I want my kids to not NEED aka WANT everything, They can also learn to earn everything. They want a DS 3D with camera and wifi or whatever they'll have for gadgets then... they can work for it.

My rant of the day!!: I wait for my bf to pick me up from work. Try messaging. No answer, no answer. I walk home then... His car (I am pretty sure, even the plate was the same), same color, same style, same year, same air freshener... In the theatre parkinglot. Ooook... a message woulda been nice. I get home, he's home already. Ook... I get in, and he's "sleeping" with the dog out of the kennel. -sigh- some people.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #13167 
BettaHeart

ugh... men that in of itself is just as bad as the previous topic lol
~whatever happened to those courteous, caring, faithful men~
oh wait those beliefs died out when flashy video games and movies came into existence. lol and lazy parenting lol
Old 05-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #13168 
thekinetic

You know what as a pretty much old guy I find a lot of kids spoiled these days, man when I was growing up there was one word we feared above all others "switch". My goodness I only got hit with one once but whatever I did to make that happen NEVER HAPPENED AGAIN.

For reference a "switch" is a supple thin piece of bush that is snapped off at about a foot or two long that you get whipped with. O_O

Now it's sit in the corner and time out. meh. Now I'm not saying punch and beat kids but a good spanking does wonders. You just got to be parents, and parent's words are law.

However I have no kids but I am an uncle so those rules do not apply as it is my job is to play with, spoil rotten, and otherwise give an absurd amount of attention to my nephews and niece! X3
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #13169 
BettaHeart

that word just made me shudder lol
Old 05-27-2012, 12:40 AM   #13170 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think that sometimes parents just give in to their kids because they're tired of dealing with them. They think it's easier to give in to them than telling them no and listen to them scream. That's how my cousin was with her kids.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou