Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #1 
Ianthe

Fungus treatment for 1 gallon?

So I think DD's fish has a fungus on his eye. He lives in a ten gallon tank with live plants, a few corys, ghost shrimp, and a snail. I have heard that medication is not good for invertebrates, so I was going to put him back in his old 1 gallon tank for treatment. BUT...all of the fungus medications I saw today (and I checked THREE stores), are for treating 10 gallons of water. And they are tablets, so it seems like it would be hard to break it apart into the right dose for only one gallon? Any suggestions?

Last edited by Ianthe; 05-26-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Ianthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #2 
Sena Hansler

I've done it... With Jungle Fizz Tabs. I know it is hard to break apart, but try going, break into half, break into half, then into 5 for that half. It doesn't need to be spot on - consider that a 10 gallon CAN hold 10 gallons but most have 8 gallons because of ornaments, gravel, and water evaporation.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote