TelevisionBox

Unhappy Overnight Battles

Housing
What size is your tank? 10 gal
What temperature is your tank? 78F
Does your tank have a filter? Yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? Yes
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? Sorority, 5 fish all together.

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Betta bites, and tropical fish flakes
How often do you feed your betta fish? betta bites in the morning, flakes at night

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? once a week
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 2 gallons
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? API

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?
Unimportant for this matter.

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? Fins almost completely gone, 2 chunks of scales missing where fin should be...
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? Always the most agressive fish of the bunch. It seems one stood up for it's right to be a fish!
When did you start noticing the symptoms? This morning. I think there was a brawl last night.
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? I took it out of the tank immediately and put into the hospital tank.
Does your fish have any history of being ill? No.
How old is your fish (approximately)? almost a year.

My poor blue betta fish. She was always the most aggressive one in the tank. Always the bully, now someone has bullied her back really badly. I have had this sorority since February of this year. I used to have 4 fish but, one died due to sickness, she wasn't eating, and always bumming out at the bottom of the tank. She had a tumour growing on the side of her.... poor fish. Not much I could do for her. :( Since the agression was way too much with only 3 fish.. I had purchased two more fish. I re-arranged everything, and established the sorority again. It has been going good for about a month now. Everyone seemed to get along, but I guess not.

So, there's my situation... Help?
TelevisionBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Can you give us a picture of the tank?

I feel that you may not have enough cover in the tank. You need to stuff that tank full of plants, fake or live, or both... low plants, medium plants and tall plants plus live floating plants are great and save your fish from such problems.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote