Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #1 
Ilikebutterflies

For those that sell fish

Do you do any type of preparation to the fish before shipping or does everything stay the same right up until they are bagged/boxed/shipped?

What is your recommended quarantine time for new fish?

What type of live guarantee is standard?
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #2 
bettalover2033

2 days before shipping, it's very important te be sure you don't feed the fish. Feeding the fish will result in too much waste in the bag when it reaches it's destination. Also increasing the chance of the fish dying. It rarely happens, but definitely can.

My recommendation for shipping, is I'd feed all of my fish as usual, but the ones that are going to be shipped, I'd just stop feeding them two days before shipping and then keep them in clean water and be sure it stays clean so they will be in their top health condition. Also adding in IAL is perfect in this situation since it promotes their general health and restores their slime coat.

I don't exactly know what yo mean by live guarantee standard, but express is always live arrival guarantee and is usually $30, but I've seen some breeders say that it is $25. All depending on where it's going and how much you expect the buyer to pay.

Hope I answered your questions.:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikebutterflies View Post
Do you do any type of preparation to the fish before shipping or does everything stay the same right up until they are bagged/boxed/shipped?

What is your recommended quarantine time for new fish?

What type of live guarantee is standard?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #3 
Ilikebutterflies

Thanks. I was wondering about any type of warranty. Pet stores do 24 hours up to 7 days. Do private breeders typically offer that or is it just a live fish upon arrival sort of thing?
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #4 
bettalover2033

Breeders that sell on Aquabid don't do warranties. It's mostly the thing of....if the fish are still DOA(Dead On Arrival) you must show a clear picture of the fish dead in the UNOPENED bag usually within 1 hour or 24 hours of delivery.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote