Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #6201 
a123andpoof

I have one planted tank...though I think I posted a pic before...but I will post another cause I love it lol and planted tanks have been asked for. I to love them and plan on making most of my tanks planted. This is my fav tank and home to Koi its a 5g
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #6202 
Bounce

Here's Cheeto's 10 gal. tank.

Please ignore the rubber band on his cave. I recently did some rearranging and removed a lot of java moss and tied just a little bit of it to the sides of his betta log and after wrestling with trying to tie it to a round object that kept rolling around while I was trying to tie a knot with wet thread, I gave up and just used a rubber band on the anubias! Maybe if I'm feeling ambitious next weekend when I do his water change, I'll pull it out and tie it on with thread. That big fat rubber band is bugging me! LOL

Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #6203 
gmoses

here is a pic of my new custom betta tank that i am working on with a friend...
would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on the tank.
thanks for looking

gmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #6204 
a123andpoof

Bounce I love your tank!

An gmoses that is a really interesting tank. Could you post more detailed pics?
Old 05-30-2012, 12:05 AM   #6205 
Bounce

Thanks, a123andpoof. I like yours too and was just admiring how healthy all your plants look.

Since I'm no good at IDing plants, do you mind sharing what all you have in your tank? I can recognize the wisteria only because I have some of that too. I especially like the plant that is floating on the left.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #6206 
a123andpoof

It's cabomba. I like it though its not supposed to float. But some of it does and it does okay so I just leave it. I will probably actually replant it today. It needs lots of light though. I had a dark spot in my tank and alot of it died off. I have a few though that stayed planted and really took off it got to be probably almost two feet and draped across the water. It was really nice, but I divided it up and replanted some of it. My two main plants are the cabomba and wisteria and the main ones that took off. I have some prim rose (I believe thats what it is called) thats hiding in the back and along the sides. I haven't had much growth from that. I have some plant attached to my bridge, can't remember what that is though. And I believe that is it.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #6207 
Bounce

Thanks. I'll check into the cabomba. I like the soft, delicate look it has. I have to stick to the "easy, low-light" plants. No green thumb here. lol
Old 05-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #6208 
a123andpoof

I like it alot. In face once I get my new guy set up in a larger tank I want to go with a forest look and that will be my go to plant. It reminds me of pine trees.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #6209 
a123andpoof

What is that grassy plant in yours? And where did you get your moss? I really really want some.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #6210 
Bounce

The short grassy plant is cryptocoryne wendtii "green" that I bought at Petsmart. They're still relatively young and small right now. If these get too big I plan to move them to my bigger tank. It's a robust plant that can thrive even in my care.

I ordered my java moss off of Aquabid. I love it. I have to trim it back pretty often or it will take over. I had a betta once who loved to tunnel through it. It made him a really nice resting spot.

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank