Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #11 
GhostFeather

Watch out at Petco,they sell alot of bog plants as aquarium plants!!
You should write down the name of the plant,search it and determine if it a true aquatic.
They will rip you off everytime.
As for the 2 you showed,the other posters ar right,I have Wistera that grows out of my 55g. and the leaves look like that.
When you get a plant light,put it on a timer,that way you can get 10-11 hours of light.
I run 4 strip lights on my 55g,2- I turn on,the other 2 are on timers.
Let me explain it:
I turn on one in the morning before I go to work,I turn the other 1 on right before I feed the fish and leave for work,1 is set to go on at 10am and go off at 10:30Pm,the other is set to go on at 11am and go off at 11:30 pm.
Imagine if you are in bed and someone comes in and turns on all the lights in the room(fish do not like that either)!!!!
Same if you doing somethin and someone turns out all the lights at once(confuses the fish also)!!!!
My Bettas are in my basement,I turn off the tank lights and leave the basment lights on for about 30 mins.to let them get settled before everything goes dark.
After awhile the fish know whats going on.
GhostFeather is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
assorted, identify, petco, plants, question